Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can to advice with one problem: what does the diagnostics problem of P2004 of KIA Forte (2011) mean?
And how to resolve it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
There is an actuator on the intake manifold that shortens or lengthen the airflow inside by method of valves for the purpose of power/economy/emissions. Typically the little actuator fails. It's a very common problem on Hyundai's and Kia's. Your car may run rough due to this or may not show symptoms. You will most likely have to replace the actuator although some of the newer models got away with just an ECM reflash. Try checking with your dealer to see if there's a campaign for it. It's been a couple years since I've been with Kia.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intake manifold!
I think because of him I have double fuel consumption, because some time ago the worker removed the stigma, then inserted it again and after that the fuel consumption was already showing 27 MPG. But it was only one day :( , now again shows 13-14 MPG.
Should I replace this? Or can it be cleaned or something else?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's not typically something I would clean unless you wanted to remove the whole intake manifold (not a bad idea while replacing but not necessary). What I also recommend is using quality oil and not letting your oil change intervals exceed 3000 miles. Remember that the PCV system recirculates that dirty air back into your intake so cheap oil, long oil intervals, and cheap gas can accelerate the issue due to gunk build up in the intake.

What was the reason for them working on the car and removing the intake manifold?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Engine trouble" light comes on, diagnostics shown a problem P2004. Therefore worker removed the intake manifold. After this one day all work right, but only one day.
After some days engine trouble light turned off by itself, but apparently the problem is still there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
"Engine trouble" light comes on, diagnostics shown a problem P2004. Therefore worker removed the intake manifold. After this one day all work right, but only one day.
After some days engine trouble light turned off by itself, but apparently the problem is still there.
When I get off of work tonight, I will show you what it looks like but it's just a small electrical motor on the intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts