Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be interested to hear how the 2 compare. Don't even bother with the Corolla, LOL.

The Forte has a more powerful base engine then the Civic(156hp to 140hp) and 4 wheel disc brakes vs the Civic's rear drums. And the Civic interior is Rubbermaid-esque. I have sat inside a 2010.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I price compared all the obvious competition online finding all except the Mazda 3 to be more expensive . After testing the Mazda3 GS and the Forte EX it was a toss up . My wife spotted a Forte SX in the show room , the comparable Mazda3 Sport with the 2.5l , leather etc was close to $30k cdn . I'm sure a loaded Civic SI sedan was going to over $30k as well . We got the Forte SX auto for $21,185 cdn + freight , fees and taxes . Options were metallic paint , block heater , hood guard and bumper guard strip .

·
Registered
228 Posts
I drove all of them including the slow-bird, I mean hybrid. All the cars, with the exception of the SI at 4500rpm and above felts slow. Keep in mind you have to get over 6500 to make the huge jump in power in the SI.

Drove a few Forte's and gave the business to Kia. Fit and Finish in the Koup is the best out of the box with all of them. Paid $200 under true market value at the time and got the dealer to knock and additional $500.00 off.

Hey yllrshark--baseline dyno that thing brotha... ;-p

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh, fit and finish on the Forte, especially the panel seams, is Audi-esque. I've owned a couple Audi's.

Even the EX has good power with 156hp at 2700 lbs curb weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts