Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I bought an LED strip for five bucks off of Ebay because of a post I saw on this forum:

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/koup-body-kits-appearance/2473-my-new-audi-style-installed.html

He bought some for 5 bucks, and so did I. Now that I have these, I'm confused how to install them because they are not "side emitting" - the light comes from the same side that the strip is facing. Did I buy the wrong lights for Audi style LED headlights, or will these work?

Here is a picture i took of the LEDs lit up with a 9v battery. Im sure they will be brighter when hooked up to the car. The strip is sitting vertically, facing away from the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If you put them in your headlight housing it may work, but if you wanna put them under the headlight in the space between it and the bumper than these will not work as well.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
these would be more if you wanted to put them on your foglights and run the wire behind the fog covers OR if you put them in your bottom grille. they wound work as well, however, as the side emitting strips because they wont be facing out. but i would save them anyways. you might want to use them in other parts of your car; footwell, engine bay, etc...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you put them in your headlight housing it may work, but if you wanna put them under the headlight in the space between it and the bumper than these will not work as well.

I dont know where I would put them if i wanted to do that anyway. I saw someone was able to open the headlight housing... but does that require putting the headlights in the oven to break the adhesive?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yes you can bake them and there are tutorials on the web for that. The other way I've seen is to actually cut them open.

·
Registered
589 Posts
baking them isn't really that hard. I did 215F for 10 minutes and they came apart pretty easily after doing that. Just go slow and slowly pry them apart being careful not to crack the lens or housing.

*EDIT* and yes, you bought the wrong kind anyway. You may aswell use these somewhere else, maybe in the interior somewhere and spend the extra little bit getting the right kind...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did the same thing. the first three are top facing, and the last three are side facing.
What did you attach the strips to in order to create the effects in the first 3 pictures? Do you like the side leds better? Or does it not make adifference

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.