Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to upgrade my factory speakers and ive heard that some people put coaxials on the rear and components on the front. Is this the way to do it? what would happen if i just put components on both front and rear? I've never heard what components sound like so thats why im asking. is it like having nothing but subwoofers in your car without anything else?

·
Registered
644 Posts
The difference is that the front has the tweeters by the mirror, not in the door with the rest of the speaker, so you would want components because they are separated like that. Coaxials are together, so they fit in the back panels and there no is separate spot for a tweeter that the component would have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The difference is that the front has the tweeters by the mirror, not in the door with the rest of the speaker, so you would want components because they are separated like that. Coaxials are together, so they fit in the back panels and there no is separate spot for a tweeter that the component would have.
so its better to have components in the front and rear or are you saying that its impossible to have components in the rear?

·
Registered
320 Posts
But you could make them fit...but again...why. For normal audio, you want your sound stage/presence in the front and mids/lows to fill the rear.

PM D113...he's the local guru.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
But you could make them fit...but again...why. For normal audio, you want your sound stage/presence in the front and mids/lows to fill the rear.

PM D113...he's the local guru.
Not sure I completely agree with this statement.

True purists do not run any rears.

I run my deck at F6 typically so as to add just a touch of fill from the back. If I was in a competition I'd be F10.

If you've got really good gear, your sub component in the system can be crossed over low enough so that bass seems to also come from the front.

I had components in my first set of rear doors simply because I bought a good set of speakers for cheap. I've since gone to higher quality coax's to timber match my fronts.

If you want to run coax's in the back you'll have to drill holes in your rear doors (sedan) or in your rear side trim in a koup. In my opion though stick to coax's and invest much more money in the fronts/subs.

Staging gets destroyed by using the rears at high volumes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.