Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may not have enough money to buy the koup SX as I had wanted. I know I want a SX model,are there any differences between the SX koup and sedan?

I know the Koup is a little lower to the ground and has a more sport look, but what about internally or handling wise?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I will make the best and most conservative answer I can here...

Internally.. go visit your dealer and see for yourself..

you WILL find that the interior is very different. The trunk space is also very different. Doors are larger, .....

too many to count.

I can not answer for the handling part... best to take a test-drive.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Koup versus Sedan.

Hmmmm.....this is going to be interesting.
I have the Koup, and for my needs, I wanted to get a 2 door, as this is my ride and my ride only. I do a fair bit of driving and thus I wanted a nice ride with a more aggresive look.
I also own a 2006 Kia Sedona.....when I need the extra space.

Persoanlly for my needs....it had to be the Koup SX.

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, I have a SX Sedan and I test drive a Koup. IMO the difference are the look of the car, more tight suspension on the Koup, the seat heaters and the "Radio Mood Light" (i dont know the name of that feature, sorry).

I went for the Sedan for the 4 doors, and I love it.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I picked the Koup because I wanted a sporty car and since it's just me, myself and I most of the time I have no use for 4 doors.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wanted the sedan SX but here in Puerto Rico they only bring the SX sedan with automatic transmission. I wanted manual transmission so I pick up the Koup SX. Go to the dealer and test drive both cars. I think the SX sedan does not have lights in the speakers and the wheels are different. The ride should be less rigid. But both cars look great!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I see that you are in Jersey, so I looked up pricing in Jersey City. Your sedan is about $1000 more than the Koup (before taxes). Now I don't know what the interest rate difference is for you.

In Canada it's 1.9% for the sedan vs. 2.9% for the Koup. Over here however, the Koup is the one that's a grand more. Overall, I'd be paying roughly $25 more per month for the Koup here. That's not an insignificant amount, but it's not that large either. I'm not trying to be an ass here, but if $25/month means that you can't afford it, are you sure that the sedan SX is a much better option? Have you considered an EX?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in Puerto Rico like subzeropr and my SX Sedan cost me like 19k, but the MSRP here in PR is $19998.00 for the SX Sedan. And I said it again, I love my new ride.

Hope we have answered your questions Joechicklets!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see that you are in Jersey, so I looked up pricing in Jersey City. Your sedan is about $1000 more than the Koup (before taxes). Now I don't know what the interest rate difference is for you.

In Canada it's 1.9% for the sedan vs. 2.9% for the Koup. Over here however, the Koup is the one that's a grand more. Overall, I'd be paying roughly $25 more per month for the Koup here. That's not an insignificant amount, but it's not that large either. I'm not trying to be an ass here, but if $25/month means that you can't afford it, are you sure that the sedan SX is a much better option? Have you considered an EX?
I'm 19 and this money is coming out whats left of the money my mom saved up from my college fund, I think she wanted to buy it all at once. I suppose if we just paid the majority and then did monthly payments for the rest it wouldn't be so bad.

I've been using AAA to find cars at lower prices so far what I've found:
2010 Koup SX: $18,689
2010 Forte SX: $17,833.

It also says that a good price would be about 18.3k and a great price would be 17.7k (these numbers are for the koup). The average paid is 18.2k and the estimated "true cost" (what the dealer paid) is $17,978.

·
Registered
973 Posts
All I know is, If I could have, I would have rather gotten an EX Koup than a Sedan, but I'm very happy with the sedan. Koup looks sportier and is lower, I believe, but SX sedan wheels are super nice

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just put the down payment on a koup sx =D gotta wait a few days for them to get the car though

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think if you look through some of the pictures of our sedans you will see
that it's quite a nice ride especially after some minor mods.
Agreed : )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I have a SX Sedan and I test drive a Koup. IMO the difference are the look of the car, more tight suspension on the Koup, the seat heaters and the "Radio Mood Light" (i dont know the name of that feature, sorry).

I went for the Sedan for the 4 doors, and I love it.
Sorry if I'm ressurecting an old thread, but since I'm comming from a Forte EX and now Koup EX I thought I'd chime in (for those who are curious):

1. Suspension is stiffer. I'm still trying to get used to it tbh, but turning on corners is much more controlled on the Koup

2. The car feels "heavier". Maybe because of #1

3. Acceleration isn't as snappy as the Forte - maybe it'll get better in time

I've only had my Koup for a day :p So far the most noticeable diff. is the suspension. I'm still trying to break it in by going on the highway more. I've been trying to do a lot of turns and yes, it is smoother than the Forte.

As for the body, there's no doubt that the Koup is sexier. If you're looking at both and don't really need seating for 3-5 people, I suggest you get the Koup. I got the Burnt Orange color.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Personally I feel the SX Koup just has a lot more subtle interior/exterior/performance changes. The SX Koup is the way to go IMO...not that I'm biased or anything lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts