Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first pic.. you can clearly see the indent next to the door. how can i remove this? remove the panel from the inside? or hire a dude and charge me $50 to put a hole in the inside door and massage it?

second pic..the driver's side fog light black accent is pushed in a bit with a crack or whatever on the bottom. again, how can i remove this? i went to maaco 2 weeks ago for an estimate. they will charge me $150 to remove the bumper and apply some kind of plastic repair application to it as well as clear coat the whole bumper.

suggestions? thanks

2,213 Posts
the first one is in a crappy spot. cant really get behind there. drill a hole. pop it out, bondo, paint. pretty much your only option.

second one, just leave that scratch. cant really bondo plastic bumpers

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
I agree about the plastic.. But on the first one I had the back panel off and remeber it being fairly open.. a good PDR might be able to fix that with out too much trouble..

I'd check around some of those PDR guys will suprise the crap out of you,
I'm trying too learn this trade now.. Its a real art form I have a lot of respect for these guys

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i'm going to think about this.
stupid unintended shopping carts and objects flying off the road ahead. lmao

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yea the bugs in Ohio haven't come out yet, but since I drive 42 miles per day to work one way, my car will look horrible from bugs soon. I've used Turtle Wax Bug n Tar remover for years. I spray one very light coat. Let it sit for about 2 minutes. Hit it again with a heavier coat so the first coat doesn't completely dry out. Try to let it soak as long as possible before it dries and then use a bucket of water and sponge and usually 99.9% of all it comes off with very little effort or scrubbing. One it's all done I spray The Turtle Wax on again and wipe clean with a microfiber rag. That stuff is guaranteed not to strip wax and actually had wax in it so it leaves a fairly decent shine afterwards. If I just use suds and a sponge I find myself scrubbing allot more than what I am comfortable with.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i haven't done anything yet on my issues here but i've been trying to pop the black accent in place for the pass few days. its bothering me once again. haha.. is there a way to pop it back from the other side. maybe removing the splash guard and pop it back out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts