Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DIY Eibach pro kit Install

Whats up everyone! Here is a full DIY on the Eibach pro kit spring install on a Forte koup sx.

Tools needed
Sockets - 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm
Wrenches - 12mm, 17mm
Strut spring Compressors - you can rent these at shucks for 48hrs and return them for a full refund.

Pic#1 - Chalk rear wheels and jack up the front of the car....AND dont forget a beer.

Pic#2 - If you look to the right of the strut you will see that I already removed a bolt that was attached to the strut. The other end is attached to the front sway bar. If this arm is still installed you cant see it....but there is just enough room to get a 17mm wrench behind the bracket to hold while you remove the nut.

Pic#3 - remove the 2 big bolts that attach the strut to the hub. Remove the 2 bolts that hold the break lines with 12mm.

Pic#4 - Once removed just let the hub rest to the side.

Pic#5 - First break this nut loose so its easy to take off once the strut is out (the one the ratchet is on). Remove the 3 bolts you can see around the ratchet. This will allow the strut to come completely off the car...so support it before you remove the last bolt.

Pic#6 - Once strut is removed install the strut compressors and tighten down each side equaly until you can move the top part of the strut freely. Remove the top nut and take off the stock spring. R2(remove and replace) the stock rubber pieces onto the eibach springs. Install the new springs exactly how the sockers were. When you re-install the top of the strut notice that there is only one right way. Its D shaped.... You will see when you are doing it. Do everything in reverse and your done. I couldnt see anywhere that doing this would effect alignment. But im gonna take her to Les schwab anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The rear....

Pic#1, #2 and #3 - Once you chalk the front tires and jack up the rear remove this long bolt on both sides fo the car. Its the bolt that holds the rear shocks. Use a jack on one side so the rear suspension doesnt just fall down after you remove the 2 bolts.

Pic#4 - Once these bolts are removed you can just simply remove the springs. R2 the stock rubber pieces on to the eibach kit.

Pic#5 - Swap the stock bumper system with the new eibach kit. Go in reverse order using the jack to compress the spring in position while you re-install the long shock bolts. And thats it!!! Now you have that lower sporty look. Here are some before and after pics!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Nice, you got them put on. Now we got two Titanium Koups on new springs and new wheels.

You forgot the most important picture though, the after!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, you got them put on. Now we got two Titanium Koups on new springs and new wheels.

Oh yea!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Awesome, thanks for this. Looking to get these soon myself, this will certainly make things easier.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love mine!
Great write up!

·
Registered
511 Posts
A couple of comments.

On the rear, I found it easier to remove the lower shock bolt instead of the upper one. The head of the lower bolt is a special shape so it can't rotate in place, so all you need is one wrench on the inner nut. Indeed I didn't even remove the rear wheels to do the job.

On the front, once you have the strut out but before you remove the stock spring, carefully look at the orientation of the upper rubber spring seat parts relative to the end of the spring. You will find (if it's the same as mine) that the 'end' of the spring is a couple of inches past the low point in the rubber seat, instead of right at the low point as you might expect. When you put in the new spring do it the same.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there a noticeable difference in the height & handling?
It has a tighter feel. Height is only noticeable by the appearance.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It has a tighter feel. Height is only noticeable by the appearance.
I'll buy you a 6 pack if you want to come to my place and install mine for me ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you do post an "after" picture, could you also post a similar "before" shot? I'm defiantly thinking of doing this. I hope you know your taking food out of my kids mouth by making me buy all these performance mods!!:D JK

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
good job !

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you do post an "after" picture, could you also post a similar "before" shot? I'm defiantly thinking of doing this. I hope you know your taking food out of my kids mouth by making me buy all these performance mods!!:D JK
Before and after pic posted. LOL! Im gettin this money from sellin all my wrx parts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like it, looks great! I'll be doing this to mine soon! Thanks for posting those pics-your car looks sweeeet!
Thanks man! Im shootin for Koup of the month. Check my post out!?

·
Registered
204 Posts
1 - 20 of 110 Posts