Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Pics are in order)
1. Remove the two bolts highlighted in picture and remove headlight assembly.
2.Remove Dust Cover and Remove "90 degree elbow vent" highlighted
3.Take stock bulb out twisting counter-clockwise)
4. Push bulb wires from inside out through the vent whole.
5. Put hid bulb into socked twisting clock wise(make sure to line up the three notches on is a little bigger than the other two.)
6.Push the control wires for the ballast through the vent whole from outside in.
7.Connect the wired from the ballast control to the stock harness(the two yellow wires) mine was the negative on the bottom.
8. Make sure everything is secure and put the dust cap on.
9. Make all of your connections and slide headlight back into place and secure using the two bulbs
10. Mount the ballast(i mounted my driver side on the "bumper beam" and it looks good..you can mount wherever its away from heat and spinning moving parts.:D
11. Make sure everything works haha:rolleyes:
If any questions just ask :confused:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
im swaping out my 6000k bulbs with 10000k and putting a high beam Hid kit in next week hopefully. looks good tho! thanks for the detailed pics

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have stock lights and want HID ..If i buy a HID conversion kit off of EBAY... what Does the kit need to include?also what color would you recomend????

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
:) Nice I like how you found away around drilling a hole anyplace..
thanks for sharing this with the class:D
now you got me thinking about doing this mod:eek:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow this is good info man, it's kinda confuseing from the pics, can't make up whats what but wow, it's good stuff

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also tried this but then I realized that I prefer not doing it because the Heat generated by the Bulb needs to get out fast otherwise you`ll get to much heat inside and your Lens Protector will get Yellow sooner of get Blurred faster.. so thats why I preffered the drill and just covered the drilled hole with some silicoon..

Also wanted to put some air hole into the Fog lights but dont know where...its airtight but it really needs some air vents....

·
Registered
567 Posts
How/where did you guys mount your ballasts? I used double sided tape (just did it yesterday. Kinda worried it might not hold. The passengers side is onto of the washer fluid box because it kept falling off the side wall. The drivers side is on a metal bar below and in front of the battery.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
as several other asked where did you get your kit? DDM?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
lol some seems to not have subscribed to there own thread.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dont mean to bring up an old post but I have a question and didnt want to start a new thread on the same topic. Here it goes...

I am going to buy an HID kit from ddmtuning.com. I plan on getting the 35w 6000k w/ slim ballasts and HID harness.

1. The correct bulb for the lo beam lights is H11?
2. Is it necessary to even change the hi beam lights or will the lo beam be fine by itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yes. they will be fine by themselves. but it's up to you.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I have the same kit and didn't upgrade the hi beams. Because HIDs take a few seconds to warm up, it wouldn't be that beneficial.

I instead replaced my hi beams with super white
H1 bulbs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts