Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure if the back or front are 3m tape or have the snap on emblems? I ordered the emblems online and want to know ahead of time if/what i have to remove, seems like at least one emblem can be taken off with heat and fishing line but which one front or back? Also the front is that 3m or would i have to remove the grill for installation? Much help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
They are secured by 3M tape, but there are two tabs that need to be moved in order to remove the front. You do not need to remove the grill. Just take out the four top screws on the grill so you can get to the tabs. It is best to loosen the glue with a library card and a hair dryer first.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
alright, as said above, the front emblem is clipped buy 4 inserts. just remove the screws to get to it. very easy. the back is 3M taped and was a bitch to get off but i used a hair dryer and a plastic spatula and it worked fine. just removed my kia emblems and put these on. i dont know how to post pictures so here's the link to ebay. you can check out pics on my profile.
KIA FORTE KOUP 3D EMBLEM SET (Grill + trunk) : eBay Motors (item 290393204409 end time Mar-19-10 21:59:50 PDT)
Damn! Beat me to it! I just got those emblems in today, but the weather is to crappy to put them on yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks a bunch....just waiting for the snow and the emblems to arrive will post some pix asap

·
Registered
31 Posts
Received the Tigris emblems for the front, rear, steering wheel and wheels today. I'll install them this weekend. They look beast, or so my son says.:):cool:

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya i do like em. only thing thats really not wat i was expecting is the black background has got a metallic look. like ive a boat and its metallic blue but its got those sparkle lookin stuff on it. thats what this has too but its black insted of blue... idk if that makes any sense at all but ya haha!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I debadged my raceing red SX Koup tonight and installed the Tigris emblems on the front, back, wheels and steering wheel. I can't believe how easy it was.They really look good. I left the Koup badge but removed the Fotre one. Didn't put the TIGRIS badge on. Didn't care for it.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I debadged my raceing red SX Koup tonight and installed the Tigris emblems on the front, back, wheels and steering wheel. I can't believe how easy it was.They really look good. I left the Koup badge but removed the Fotre one. Didn't put the TIGRIS badge on. Didn't care for it.
any pics?

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is my favorite Replacement Badge though. It's a combination of the K (L) Badge and the Tigris. I think It's More Aggressive than any of the other Badges I've seen.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I was looking at that one before I bought the "K" ones. I really like it! But I prefer more simple designs which is why I went with the "K".

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah Ive seen the tigris emblem and the other tiger/K emblems....but I myself dont personally like themplus for the whole set is like $100 bucks on ebay which is crazy....i know it comes with 4 wheels, steering wheel front and back emblems but just doesnt look right to me....So this weekend I hear is going to be nice weather so I will def be putting them on and will post pics asap....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
O.k. an update since last post...I have removed front & rear emblems plus debadged Forte and SX from the trunk....Thanks for your input guys and incase anyone is thinking about doing this I will let you know what I did.....On The back of the Forte the KIA emblem and other badges can be removed with hair dryer/credit card. The Front was more of a PIA...IMO...because I originally wanted to keep the emblems incase when I traded the car in but the front was not cominig off even with removing 4 screws on top of grill....the emblem has four clips on the back of the emblem and from the top angle I couldnt remove or loosen those clips so I took the lazy way out and just grabbed a screw driver and popped the
B!#$& off! After that took some goo gone and applied the emblems...I will be def taking pix this weekend and will post asap....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there any trick to getting the steering wheel badge off?
Before I use brute force and honk the horn a bunch, I figured I'd ask here :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts