Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Earlier today i installed some Led strips in the Trunk. I wasn't too happy with how dim the lighting was, so these seemed like a good idea. If you're intrested in the write up with pics, just say so, and i'll have it up. Its a $25 mod, and its worth every penny.

Edit
Alright here's what you need.

1X Kia Koup (probably works the same on a sedan)
1x 20 in LED strip from autozone ($20) or ebay
1x 3M electric Tape from walmart or autozone ($1)
1x pair of Scissors

One last thing, make sure before you do all of this, to pass the wire through the openings next to wear the actual bulb is, that way the bulb's housing can fit perfectly

First Step: Pop your trunk, Locate the dome light, and remove it, you can do it using the little clip on it, or do like me, and out your finger through the opening next to it, and click on the tab, and pull it down.

Light Vehicle door Automotive exterior Electronics Auto part

Second Step: Once off, remove the light bulb from its spots. Then connect the Positive wire (red) to the right metal part of the housing, and connect the negative to the other metal piece (quiete easy once infont of you). Then secure the wire with electric tape.

Gun Material property Hand Firearm Finger
Third step: once both wires are secure, reconnect the bulb, and remount the housing. (remounting is the oposite of taking it off, put the left tab in first, then push the right one till it clicks.

Technology Electronics Wire

Last step: Mount the LED to your preferred spot, they already come with 3M tape, then hide away all the wires

Electronics Light Lighting Circuit component Technology

Light Lighting Automotive lighting Automotive design Luxury vehicle

If you have any questions just ask. and to clear things up, i wasn't happy with the STOCK lighting, the LEDs are very bright, i am waiting till its dark to take a picture of it.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I'll post it up first thing tomorrow morning. and don't worry, I'll have pics :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Earlier today i installed some Led strips in the Trunk. I wasn't too happy with how dim the lighting was, so these seemed like a good idea. If you're intrested in the write up with pics, just say so, and i'll have it up. Its a $25 mod, and its worth every penny.
I am confused here: you say you weren't too happy with how dim the lighting was, but then you say its a $25 dollar mod and worth every penny. Huh?

·
Registered
377 Posts
LED bulbs were more than enough for me. They were 4 $ from superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I am still trying to figure out how to link pics. I had them on flickr, but that didnt work, so now i am attempting to attach them

EDIT: Alright, got it figured out for now, sorry for the delay :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As Promised, here are the Before and after pics, they're not really before and after, all i did was cover the LEDs with a shami, but i left the normal trunk light uncovered. the light is stronger than it seems. and BTW, you can get different colors at autozone, i just wanted the white
Before

Light Sky Night Darkness Space

after
Light Sky Night Room Performance
Light Tile Table Paper Square

1 - 20 of 28 Posts