Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After detailing my car today, i thought of painting the engine cover under the hood. Didnt really have time, nor the plastic paint needed. So for now im Showing a Photoshopped Preview... let me know what you think

Attachments

Reactions: K3 Koup GDI

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes! That looks good. I thought of doing mine red also but with the DOHC 16V and silver parts(on yours) black. Can you photoshop that for me to see what it's gonna look like?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Damn! One more mod to add to the list...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes! That looks good. I thought of doing mine red also but with the DOHC 16V and silver parts(on yours) black. Can you photoshop that for me to see what it's gonna look like?
Sure Can! I actually like it better your way

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll probably get around to doing it on friday along when i get a day off from work

·
Registered
486 Posts
I acutally did this mod. It was one of my first... I used blue paint same as my car and a crome paint for the letters. I didnt do the outer plastic only the inner. It was loads harder than I thought it would be and I didnt take my time. I didnt tape off one of the corners very well and had some bleed. I will get around to fixing it at some point and post. I like the engine being able to breath a little so I dont even use the engine cover. I only did it for Car of the month post.

Reactions: MoonZinuM

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
wow...that looks really sharp! Well done.
I'll have to add this to my 'to do list'.

·
Registered
587 Posts
It looks awesome! Definately on the 'to do list'!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Great looking mod! I'll also be adding it to my own ToDo list. Let us know how easy/hard it was to do and how long it took.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will do. ill let you know friday on how long it took and what i did etc.... Ill also post pics of a step by step.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What method are you using to paint the letters? I'd like to paint just the DOHC 16V red, but I'm not sure how you get them to come out straight.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Use Blue painters masking tape and tape off Around the letters. Use an exacto knife to cut if needed. Paint then pull the tape off and should reveal only DOHC 16 V in red.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Use Blue painters masking tape and tape off Around the letters. Use an exacto knife to cut if needed. Paint then pull the tape off and should reveal only DOHC 16 V in red.
Or use a tiny brush and have a steady hand... :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Or use a tiny brush and have a steady hand... :D
That too! Would be easier if done that way... my only concern with using a brush is that you may see the lines from the bristles on the brush

·
Registered
696 Posts
That's my concern too, that's why I'm using the back of the cover to try and "perfect" my technique first. If all goes well, I can just rattle can over the back to cover all my practice. haha

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm gone try a ''short hair'' tiny roller... I'll let you know how it went!
Please do! I am interested on your results, can you post pics once its all done? Im trying to do this the easiest way possible. Taping off is such a pain in the ass

1 - 20 of 98 Posts