Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second Koup. 1st was totaled by a texting teen at about 60 mph. Both koups rattle from the bass. My years of experience tell me its rattles from the paneling. I like the system sound (minus the rattles) so I don't want to buy new speakers, unless the rattles are from the speakers.

So my question is...are you koup owners experiencing rattles from the bass in your cars? Any fixes out there?

(I have turned down the volume and bass and it still rattles.)

All help appreciated

Jiminee

·
Registered
486 Posts
mine didnt rattle until they did some firmware update to the radio. Before that they were good. I read another thread with people complaining about this search for D113 he has loads of posts on how to hush the noise.

·
Registered
973 Posts
seems like mine is just from areas surrounding the speakers and from the passenger seat when vacant
it does distort a bit sometimes from bass though also, seems liek ti can't handle some notes or something because it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the volume directly
example: almost any Outkast song, the bass comes through strangely, sometimes rattly

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
seems like mine is just from areas surrounding the speakers and from the passenger seat when vacant
it does distort a bit sometimes from bass though also, seems liek ti can't handle some notes or something because it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the volume directly
example: almost any Outkast song, the bass comes through strangely, sometimes rattly

I know what your trying to say here and I felt the same way,
it seems like certain songs make a rattle but I don't hear it very often, still I agree seems like the bass distorts but it's not even up loud, but most of the time is sounds really good imo

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Ya I have the power bass on low and I keep the "bass" at 0. It sounds so much better and mine used to rattle sometimes and don't anymore

·
Registered
576 Posts
Try using Dynamat to deaden your doors, there's a few post on here how to do it. My Bass is nice and tight and deep not a rattle anywhere now I have Dynamatted my doors

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine rattles in the same spot. Passenger door. Kinda by the License and Registration box. Also my #2 button on my stereo is stuck... the button which i use the most because thats the Random Button when the IPoD is hooked up. I have 11000 songs on mine and its a pain going through it by hand.

·
Registered
453 Posts
yeah just dynomat them and you should be ok. i plan on doing it to my koup when i put a 10 in. also ive noticed that the bass on sat radio is louder than the fm/am stations. on fm/am i have everything set to 5, and on sat everything on 3. i think the volume goes up to 30-35, but i stay at 25 and lower

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try using Dynamat to deaden your doors, there's a few post on here how to do it. My Bass is nice and tight and deep not a rattle anywhere now I have Dynamatted my doors
Did you find it tough? I had done this to my old Mazda Protege with good results but it took me a couple hours on each door (I am fastidious about neatness). I would like to deaden the doors and the floor but am just waiting for some time off... Any tips or tricks on removing the panels? Any gotchas?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Did you find it tough? I had done this to my old Mazda Protege with good results but it took me a couple hours on each door (I am fastidious about neatness). I would like to deaden the doors and the floor but am just waiting for some time off... Any tips or tricks on removing the panels? Any gotchas?
It was pretty easy I just cut smaller pieces of Dynamat off instead of trying to use large pieces, much easier. The panels are easy to take off the Sedan, there's 3 screws to find and take out, 1 near door handle,1 halfway down door panel, 1 on outer edge of trim they have a plastic cap over them. Remove plastic caps using something that wont mark them, best if door trims are warm as clips will release better.
Remove tweeter cover first that just clips off, undo and remove screws, then start removing panel and clips , I started up near the tweeter prying out panel with my hands. It comes off quiet easy just do a little at a time using your fingers to get under lining.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine turned out to be objects in the side door panels, they rattle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hear it too, but only when the volume is real low with a song that has a lot of bass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts