Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm from Ecuador and here Kia dealers only sell the Kia Cerato Forte 1.6L 5 Speed Manual Transmission with almost no safety systems...one airbag that is it! and for the great price of $20.000 USD. I bought one and i'm waiting it to be delivered. well anyway does anyone know how good the equipped Hyundai 1.6L Gamma engine is?? :cool:

·
Registered
825 Posts
WOW!!!! they charge you 20K for a 1.6L with one air bag. . . . .Oh I just noticed where you are from. . .that would explain the difference in price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW!!!! they charge you 20K for a 1.6L with one air bag. . . . .Oh I just noticed where you are from. . .that would explain the difference in price.
oh yeah! and we are the poor right? hahaha damn the import taxes! almost 70% of the car's original international price!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pffft, 1.6L with two airbags, ABS (front disc breaks only), auto AC, fogs, 17" wheels will run you about $27,000 USD here in Trinidad.

the 2.0 Koup starts at $35,000 USD, Sedan may be a little less.

You'll lucky up there in the USA and Canada. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pffft, 1.6L with two airbags, ABS (front disc breaks only), auto AC, fogs, 17" wheels will run you about $27,000 USD here in Trinidad.

the 2.0 Koup starts at $35,000 USD, Sedan may be a little less.

You'll lucky up there in the USA and Canada. :(
wow! that is bad! here in Ecuador the Koup Manual trasmission is $25000 and automatic $30000 jeez they (U.S & Canada) are suposed to be the "rich" countries hahaha!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ecuador needs to start to build their own cars.
Well there is a Chevrolet factory here but they only manufacture the GM Daewoo, Opel and Suzuki models owned by GM but they are marketed as Chevrolet those are cheap but ugly as hell haha

·
Registered
825 Posts
oh yeah! and we are the poor right? hahaha damn the import taxes! almost 70% of the car's original international price!

What sucks about the import fees as that it's on EVERYTHING. . . I have friends whose families send money here to buy clothing and ship it back. . .It's crazy how much you all have to pay for stuff.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
wow-reading a few of these posts........i see where the term "ugly american" came from.
geesh.

grevatious-if i am not mistaken- i belive that the singapore forte forum site (not associated with this one other than sharing a few members)
might help you you in regards to your engine/version of your car.

singapore, along with several other countries that are represented by members here also have serious import taxes and those rates go up based on engine displacement...so the 1.6 sized engine on the forte is quite popular.

the singapore site is Cerato Forte Koup SG

(also- when you are googling stuff for your version of the forte- look at ceratos- its the 'other' name for the forte depending on country

i hope that you enjoy your car as much as some of us have been enjoying ours :)

welcome to the forte family

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow-reading a few of these posts........i see where the term "ugly american" came from.
geesh.

grevatious-if i am not mistaken- i belive that the singapore forte forum site (not associated with this one other than sharing a few members)
might help you you in regards to your engine/version of your car.

singapore, along with several other countries that are represented by members here also have serious import taxes and those rates go up based on engine displacement...so the 1.6 sized engine on the forte is quite popular.

the singapore site is Cerato Forte Koup SG

(also- when you are googling stuff for your version of the forte- look at ceratos- its the 'other' name for the forte depending on country

i hope that you enjoy your car as much as some of us have been enjoying ours :)

welcome to the forte family
Hey! thank you very much!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
and i thought i got done like a dogs dinner paying 22k for a 2.0l 5speed koup here in oz! at least here they come fully optioned for that price,guess i wont feel quite so ripped off now:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.