Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking into getting some subs and a amp. but am afraid it will void my warranty? any info if it does?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
it will void the warranty of the stuff you're changing/hooked up to.

for example, if you change your headunit and end up blowing a speaker. Warranty is void.

if you change your whole system, and you blow your engine, warranty is effective and it will be fixed.

For a warranty to be voided, it has to be proven that your "change" caused the problem

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will i be better if i get it professionally done noodile?
i know how to install subs and amps ive done it for yrs but
would it bet better to have receipts to show prove that it was from a shop?

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
will i be better if i get it professionally done noodile?
i know how to install subs and amps ive done it for yrs but
would it bet better to have receipts to show prove that it was from a shop?
Doing this will hopefully mean that the professional does it right or is willing to fix it if they don't. Still has nothing to do with the warranty. If you change your head unit and blow a speaker the dealer will never cover it BUT by using a professional then you may be able to hold them accountable for their work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doing this will hopefully mean that the professional does it right or is willing to fix it if they don't. Still has nothing to do with the warranty. If you change your head unit and blow a speaker the dealer will never cover it BUT by using a professional then you may be able to hold them accountable for their work.

Cool. Thanks for your help. I think am going to go through with it. I'll pay the extra money and get it installed by someone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts