Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1-You are an idiot!
2-Don't have a forte!

Other than that you don't have ANY valuable reason not to buy one!

This thing is the MOST amasing upgrade.....greath sound, improve throtle response, better pick-up, greath sound, worst fuel consomption (guess why!!!:D) and did I mention greath sound!!!!

The only more amasing think than that CAI is the customer service at Turbo Kit....!
Tx guys! awesome service and product!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Question about the cai. I live in Newfoundland and we get alot of snow. Is this safe for snowy wet weather? And salt on the roads?

Thanks Jeremy

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Question about the cai. I live in Newfoundland and we get alot of snow. Is this safe for snowy wet weather? And salt on the roads?

Thanks Jeremy
I intend to revert it back to stock for winter. Getting cold air won't be a problem then!!! But I'd say you can keep it all year long for as long as you don't use your Forte as a snow plower!!!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Lol... I saw the title and was getting ready to defend my purchase and how pleased I am with it and then I actually read your post!!

I agree with you 100%. Especially if you have the 1st gear touchy/stall issue w 6sp mt. Anyone else notice that's gone now? Maybe because I'm completely used to the car now, but I never noticed it until the CAI was in.

And jeremey... You should be fine. I think someone said you would have to submerge your car to above the fog light to have any water issues Etc. Concerning salt, the cai has a filter and a splash guard

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol... I saw the title and was getting ready to defend my purchase and how pleased I am with it and then I actually read your post!!

I agree with you 100%. Especially if you have the 1st gear touchy/stall issue w 6sp mt. Anyone else notice that's gone now? Maybe because I'm completely used to the car now, but I never noticed it until the CAI was in.
Since I install my Magnaflow I don't recall stalling it..... so Yes I thing the sound should help but nothing compare to getting use to it. I own my Koup for 10 month now and 17 000Km so I got "some" practice!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Did you do the install yourself? I'm pretty sure you did.....how difficult was it?
What was the 'out the door', final cost, everything included ....$$$.

And by the way......does it sound good? hahaha! :)

I cant wait to see your ride! and hear it.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you do the install yourself? I'm pretty sure you did.....how difficult was it?
What was the 'out the door', final cost, everything included ....$$$.

And by the way......does it sound good? hahaha! :)

I cant wait to see your ride! and hear it.
It cost 40$ more then TurboKit price.... for shipping taxes via USPS!!! Thanks to Mr Harper and Mr Charest!!!
Install was pretty easy!
Two things though:
1-I strap a peice of rubber on the underbody hook because the CAI tube was sitting so close it could hit it!
2-The ECU bracket original bushing does not fit well so I put 2 big o-ring instead!
Small things that will be obvious when you do it!
Out of a 5 wrench scale I'd say it's a 1 wrench job because it's just unbolting and bolting stuff, no specific talent required!!!

And BlkKoup it doesn't sound good......... it's AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I find it more fuel efficient with the CAI if you are not romping on it. And the looks you get when passing people on the highway, priceless.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea i was also about to bash you thread when i read it lol way to mix it up though get people lookin the intake does sound amazing and i hear you on the lower mpg but it is deff well worth it 100 percent

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
lol nice one

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
the turbokits CAI looks nice but if you don't want to spend $250...I just installed a CAI today that I put together using Spectre parts. I would have prefered a K & N filter over the spectre but they didn't have the right one I wanted but the spectre works great. It sounds great, looks great, and feels great. The best part about it was it only cost me $75 US at Autozone vs the $250 from turbokits. All I need now is a turbo muffler :)

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what are the actual WHP/WTQ gains with the Turbokit CAI on a 6mt SX ?
TK say around 7 for both but who care!!!! Once you've try it the biggest diff. is not at 6500RPM but rather lower. It's the overall feel off the car! I guess you just have to try it!

·
Registered
55 Posts
the turbokits CAI looks nice but if you don't want to spend $250...I just installed a CAI today that I put together using Spectre parts. I would have prefered a K & N filter over the spectre but they didn't have the right one I wanted but the spectre works great. It sounds great, looks great, and feels great. The best part about it was it only cost me $75 US at Autozone vs the $250 from turbokits. All I need now is a turbo muffler :)
I am really interested in the spectre kit. Any pics of your install? Any advice/information to share?

·
Registered
567 Posts
My credit card is right next to me. It's eye balling me and whispering that I should use it to buy a CAI. DAMN YOU FORTE FOR SIPHONING ALL MY MONEY!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts