Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i don't have a forte, i'd love to get one.. I've test driven an auto sedan.. meh and a manual ex koup. loved the koup and would love to get one else if they come out with a boosted one in 2011 or 2012 like has been rumored

however I have a 2006 2.4L saturn ion it's a fun little bugger, and is definitely unexpected (like the forte) which is what I love

if anyone cares my mod list is

Suspension & handling:

custom spring rate sleeve coilover setup
FE5 ss/tc struts and shocks
falken ziex ze912 tires soon to be replaced by falken rt615s when the weather gets better
"Jsmith" strut tower bar $40
powerslot brakes and hawk HPS pads $250

Comsmetic:

17" falken torque 5's in gunmetal
changed dash LED's
antenna delete mod (lol)
painted interrior peices
front and rear grill

Audio:

RF 201s amp
RF P2 10"
pioneer 180 watt 3 way speakers 1670R

Transmission:

short throw shifter $60
poly tranny inserts $30
spec stg 3 clutch (awaiting install)
turbo tech racing solid engine mount (awaiting install)

Performance:

zzp performance midlength header DP combo with 1 3/4" primaries, 3" down pipe with a 2.5" cat back bolt on flange with high flow cat
3" CTI catback
28x9x2.75 cx racing intercooler 100$
tuned $150
custom procharger setup 2240$
(setup includes everything minus tune spark plugs and gauges, including more the enough piping, and 4 pullies ranging from 7-8 lbs all the way up to 20 psi or so)
60 lb EV6 injectors 200$
boost tune 250$

Gauges and pods:

plx sm-afr combo -150
aeroforce interceptor 75
prosport gauges performance boost gauge -40
new south performance steering column pod - 45

soon
-----------------

maybe mid frame brace..

eventually
-----------------
brake project ( rear brake swap and front brake upgrade)
custom sub box/trunk setup about 50 bux for materials..
supertech valve springs -250
ported cylinder head - 600-1200 lol
vulcan turbo intake manifold 550 (maybe saab intake manifold 100$.. probably saab)
redline seat swap about 400$ (maybe) or maybe some other racing seats lol
custom projector headlights with hids 300

custom set of stock CR forged pistons 600
rods 600-1000
retrofit led tails 200$

projected total money spent: 6200-12000 depending if i do/ need to do a full engine build..

hahn has a 2.4 solstice (same motor) running 380 Rwhp on stock engine..

i think i can pull my goal (350whp) and be ok if i'm careful with the tuning

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hope to see you on here soon elecblue06! with a forte ;) Nice car.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
haha dude I test drove a koup in september lol and the sedan in august lol these little things surprised me lol

and thanks for the compliment apecio.. I look forward to seeing what turbokits.com does with the car , and I HOPE that kia comes out with something boosted in 2011 or at least confirms it.

maybe turbokits.com can set up a meet / dyno day for the day when they test their turbo kit out

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i'm going to look at fortes with my gf this weekend :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
woot!!! cant wait to see what you do with it if you get it. I can tell you are mod hungry lol.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
you have no idea.. she's already yelling at me about that lol .. maybe i'll sneak a CAI or something lol i'll just be happy that she has a car I wont hate to be in

she's looking at a spicy red or copperhead .. she's going to try to test drive both koup and sedan hopefully ex and sx but i might be forced to drive the manual so she can ride in the sx lol they don't look like they have any auto sx's there for her .. but i'm ok with that lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well :'( gf's not getting a forte.. she can't see in it and doesn't like how the front slopes.. DAMNIT>. she'll be getting a rio it looks like.. it looks like a baby forte koup though.. so i guess i'll make due.

i'll still be here though.. cuz i plan on getting a turbo koup when it comes out

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A rio? How does it compare to the Forte?

If I wasn't building a fun turbo car I would be all a turbo Forte

Jer
it's weak sauce lol seriously though it's like the forte's baby bother.. it doesn't look all the bad.. but the power/ suspension and braking just aren't there.. but the gf likes it .. and shit she's the one driving it .. thats what matters lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice Saturn , really clean work , i'm sure you surprise a few people with that setup . My next mod is a centrifugal Vortec setup from Sean Hyland for my stang then 3.73's and a nice drop .
Sean Hyland Motorsport - 1996-04 Ford Mustang GT and Cobra 2V and 4V Supercharger Kits

My son is looking at the Forte also , probably the 2 door . He may get the 2.0t Gen Coupe though , has to decide on fwd or rwd .
thank you for the compliments..

i really just went for it to be different and i've been very pleased with the power :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
im in the same wagon here, hoping to get one this year by the end of this summer hopefully, paying off my car and trading it in for the koup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts