Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, not a Forte owner yet but I am looking into one after a test drive on Saturday.

What brought me here? After being a die hard GM owner for 16 years (every car I have owned save two have been a GM product) and owning everything from a 75 Chevy Nova to a 81 Chevette, 1992 to 2000 Saturn S-series, my current daily driver a 2004 Saturn ION Redline (done payments in 6 months thus why I am looking around) and my project car a 85 Pontiac Fiero (getting a 2.0 turbo cobalt motor), and looking at the current line up with GM which doesn't have one car that I would be interested in buying within my price range. They dropped the Cobalt line, and are currently screwing everybody that has a ION by not including them with the steering recall on the Cobalts. I'm sick and tired of GM corporate engine and its uselessness in trying todo something right........this is why I am looking around, and I am glad I did!!!

Ever since it came out I was impressed with the look on the Forte Koup's, and Genesis coupes (just out of my price range) so I took a 2.4L 6spd Forte koup for a test drive. I was extremely impressed with the fit and finish with this car, the interior and exterior were put together with a purpose, nothing looked out of place and everything fit well. Driving it was a pleasure, with little to no road noise, and interior cabin noise (creaks and rattles) was no-existent. Acceleration was excellent, handling and braking were great for a front wheel drive car. (although my ION redline is much faster, but 275hp with meth injection will do that). But seriously, this car is far and above from what I can see is better than anything within its price range from GM.........if the Koreans can get it right, what the hell is wrong with domestic car companies??????

So I guess my job for the next 6 months is to do some reading, check out the board, find out if there is any issues with the car to make a more informed decision about the car. What kind of aftermarket support is there for the Forte Koups? I would be looking for the basic bolt ons (since I have a wild project car already) Exhaust, intake, springs/struts, tower bars/chassis bracing, stereo options since it has an incorporated fascia bezel? Does the engine take well to Nitrous?

Here's a quick pic of my current daily driver and my project car

Jer

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of drop are the springs? I was hoping for about 2", it would help reduce the wheel gap a lot. Also what size is the exhaust? is it mandrel bent or crush bent? stainless steel or galv mild steel? What kind of muffler is on it? I saw the kit package at the auto show, front bumper looks good with the lip kit.

Jer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PharaohKoup : are you running a wideband O2 sensor with your nitrous? what about even a basic narrow band gauge hooked up to the stock O2 sensor?

Sorry about the questions, I used to run nitrous on another car for drag racing only and I had both hooked up, but then I had installed a turbo as well on it. Even my current car I am running a wideband and narrow band gauge to make sure my engine isn't going to self destruct.

Jer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small change in plans, I still want one, but I have decided to pay down some debt first, no sense buying a new car when I pay off my existing one when I have two CC's that could use some paying off. I am grabbing a used car so that I can keep my project car going, when I am done with the debts the turbo forte should be out and I can take a look at grabbing one of those.

Jer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigE, can I steal your tagline? I wanna put it on my car and the wifes jeep, I have my modified cars, she has her big jeep TJ and your tagline is exactly what we are like, both in our 30's and still play with our toys.

Jer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.