Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bringing my koup into the dealers so they can see the crease in my passenger door it is really strange there is no mark or indentation but it is very visible,I know other people have had the same problem and I would like to get to the bottom of this.It is probably quite widespread on the koup model.Does anyone else notice it and does anyone have a solution or an answer from kia,other than this the car is great.It is important to get this information out so we can all see that it is not just an isolated case.thanks for your time cmand

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am bringing my koup into the dealers so they can see the crease in my passenger door it is really strange there is no mark or indentation but it is very visible,I know other people have had the same problem and I would like to get to the bottom of this.It is probably quite widespread on the koup model.Does anyone else notice it and does anyone have a solution or an answer from kia,other than this the car is great.It is important to get this information out so we can all see that it is not just an isolated case.thanks for your time cmand
I've heard that the cars sometime get these creases in the body because of exposure to very cold conditions. And something to do with body shifting when the car is being "thrown" into sharp turns.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had only heard of this problem, but I recently experienced it now that i live in NM. How thick is our sheet metal? Thats probably the culprit.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
Does this problem seem to be isolated to just the Koup???
I think so...have them on my Koup but not my sedan -- and the Koup stays in the garage and is only driven on nice days....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Im a sedan and it happens to me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This has happened to many of our Koups, including both of mine. Do a search on "crease, door" and you'll find many of the threads. I'd be interested to see what the outcome of your dealer experience is. Mine said that they would try dentless paint removal, but I haven't had the chance to make the appointment. I didn't have much faith in how long it would last either since it would probably reappear.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Even if it gets repainted...wouldn't the area around the crease be compromised and be more susceptible to failure in a accident????

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well if you look at the design of the Koup, the rear wheel wells stick out a little farther to make more "room" for the trunk. I don't know about the sedan tho, never really seen one in person. But I could see how that design would make for creasing in the exterior. Just weak spots I'm sure that don't handle the shifting of the body and the cold weather to well.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well if you look at the design of the Koup, the rear wheel wells stick out a little farther to make more "room" for the trunk. I don't know about the sedan tho, never really seen one in person. But I could see how that design would make for creasing in the exterior. Just weak spots I'm sure that don't handle the shifting of the body and the cold weather to well.
I agree... my car has them on both doors.. and I can see them on the rear fender in the middle when the weather is cold :(
Thin metal etc..

Seems to go away when the weather is warmer.. come on summer lol :D
still have a wait for that I know

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have the same problem on my passenger door its right in the middle of the door. it seems to run from the bottom of the window seal to the bottom of the door

·
Registered
825 Posts

Here's the previous thread on this. Didn't want you to have to go in circles over something that was already discussed.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/f...koup-strange-crease-door-dealer-concerns.html

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
My Koup SX and my Daughter's Koup EX have the door and body creases. My wife's sedan SX does not have any creases that I can find. I'm hoping the creases will be less noticable in warm/hot weather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts