Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do any of you experiencing driver side door rattles when your music is turned up?? I'm not talking when you crank it but at 17 level or so??

It drives me mad!:mad:

I might take in and see what the dealer says

EDIT: Sorry i put this in the wrong forum lol can a Mod move this to general ?? Or maybe we should have an interior section

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
17? Holy cow...I have mine at 7-9...LoL! At 9 it's "thumping"!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL well.....i ride at 12 and its still does it

My Tib is 149.2 db lol and it never rattled.

I was just wondering if any one else has this issue

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
There is a Technical Service Bulletin, #50, for this issue. It has to do the adhisive between the door skin and cross bar. Usually you'll notice it when closing the doors or I guess with very load music.

KIA will only address it if the customer complains about it. I will attach a link to the bulletin here so you can print it and take it to your dealer.

Cheers.
http://members.shaw.ca/westernAvenger/TSBs/TSB_DoorSkinRattle.pdf

BTW, I had started a thread listing all the TSB's earlier but somehow missed that one. I'll have to update that list.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/f...i-forte-tsbs-technical-service-bulletins.html

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The TSB's say's this is for the 4 door not the koup? does it matter??

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
The TSB's say's this is for the 4 door not the koup? does it matter??
I would have them check it out anyway, could be that because the Koup is newer, this problem hasn't been seen enough to cause a TSB to be published but could still be the cause of your rattle.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm going afterwork to check it out. I'll let you know what they say

My Appointment is on Tuesday and I'll post what the out come was

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know, I asked them if the TBS for the sedan applies to the koup in some way, they said no

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so after some digging into.....we found the Tab that covers the screw on the drive side door in the handle was causing the rattle.

A drop of silicone fix it! no more rattle! this was bugging me soooo much lol

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
so after some digging into.....we found the Tab that covers the screw on the drive side door in the handle was causing the rattle.

A drop of silicone fix it! no more rattle! this was bugging me soooo much lol

Nice find... Have you listened to the car from the outside with p.bass set to low? Did the rattle go away? I can hear rattle from outside even at low volumes. I will have do you fix and see if it goes away. I might even remove the speakers and put dynamat around them. This worked miracles on my Turbo Roadster.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Nice find... Have you listened to the car from the outside with p.bass set to low? Did the rattle go away? I can hear rattle from outside even at low volumes. I will have do you fix and see if it goes away. I might even remove the speakers and put dynamat around them. This worked miracles on my Turbo Roadster.
Be prepared to drill out the rivets that hold the speakers in place.:(

·
Registered
164 Posts
transmishion blew about the blow number 2

Side note since this site wont allow me to post a thread. There was a service bulleton for the 2.4sx koup for axel seal. mine was never fixed and the trany blew. They replaced it but the trany is leaking again. Has anyone had a problem with this yet or am I lucky number 1

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
Side note since this site wont allow me to post a thread. There was a service bulleton for the 2.4sx koup for axel seal. mine was never fixed and the trany blew. They replaced it but the trany is leaking again. Has anyone had a problem with this yet or am I lucky number 1
I just looked through all the TSBs on the Forte and couldn't find one for an axle seal...do you have a TSB number? The only recall so far was for the seat belt.

·
Registered
164 Posts
trany blew

No I dont know the number off the top of my head. It was to do with the axel bearing seal though. The only reason I know its leaking again is because I can smell it burrning again, Its not a residual smell either because when they were done I washed and re-greased underbody again. I love kias hense my 2000 spectra thats my avitar but two tranys on an 2010 in less than 2 months a bit crazy.lol no body else is having this ishue though?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I never heard any rattle from the outside. I never use P.bass,

my setting are

base +4, Mids +5, Treble +6, p.bass o

I find the p base sounds like crap when i turn it on IMO When I set it to low it seems the speakers can't handle it as i hear distortion.

Now i haven't really tried to play with the settings to make the p.bass sound better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts