Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so i have a 2010 Racing Red Koup with the red lights that hit to the beat of the music (not sure if all of them have this or not) and i was wondering if there was any way to "turn down" the sensitivity of them. I listin to rap and all the new techno pretty loud, 24+, and at that level the lights are pretty much a solid light.. not going to the beat like they should.. not sure if this is possible but any advice would be Great.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
the lights when set to 'music' only notice the vibrations of the speakers, or in the sensor next to the speakers that is, so if your music is really loud, it is always vibrating the sensor and thats why ur lights are just solid light. if you put it on 'music' and you turn ur music off, you'll see that the lights will flicker on and off as you hit bumps in the road..

idk if theres a way to turn the sensitivity down, but maybe you could move the sensor? im not sure how that is hooked up to/near the speakers, or if its just on the speaker..

or you could just turn ur music down as Bob_Winters said...haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i could do that lol. but then its no where near as loud. my speakers seem to be very quiet compared to my Dodge Caliber i had before this. ill see if the dealer knows, but considering they didnt even know it had the lights... lol

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
i doubt they will know, and if they did they wont tell you. i'd go to a stereo shop (a real one who knows what they're doing) and ask them. they'll probably know exactly what the sensor looks like &/or how to change the sensitivity/move it..atleast better than the service people at the dealership.

·
Registered
274 Posts
In my moms 2010 soul theres + & - buttons...if you adjust those it changes the sensitivity to the music...maybe they fortes don't have that...

Mine doesn't have the speaker lights at all but I really want them :(

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
my forte has those + & - buttons, but it doesnt seem to change the sensitivity, just the Intensity of the brightness of the lights around the speakers. cuz when you push the "-" button all the way to the lowest, it just dims the lights. then with the "+" it makes the lights brighter.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Huh, in hers I noticed it made the lights flash more/less. Not necessarily dimmer, just less sensitive.
Weird

·
Registered
24 Posts
anyone know if we can change the color of that. if u end up opening ur speakers let me know

·
Registered
8 Posts
changing speaker color

I just installed rockford fosgate speakers in the front doors. I have a 2012 koup.
I bought flexible leds to change the color but turns out your faced with 2 options. Keep the red or expose your leds and kinda look like crap.
The leds are in a plastic case (if you will) and you can even break the case because you wouldn't be able to add lights in it anyways.
So unfortunately you are stuck with red good looking speakers or you can expose the leds. If you can get flexible leds and put them in a plastic case that you could wrap around or mold to your speakers it should look just fine. Also I ordered 48cm leds and they aren't quite big enough there is about an inch-2inch of space not covered.

anyone know if we can change the color of that. if u end up opening ur speakers let me know

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just installed rockford fosgate speakers in the front doors. I have a 2012 koup.
I bought flexible leds to change the color but turns out your faced with 2 options. Keep the red or expose your leds and kinda look like crap.
The leds are in a plastic case (if you will) and you can even break the case because you wouldn't be able to add lights in it anyways.
So unfortunately you are stuck with red good looking speakers or you can expose the leds. If you can get flexible leds and put them in a plastic case that you could wrap around or mold to your speakers it should look just fine. Also I ordered 48cm leds and they aren't quite big enough there is about an inch-2inch of space not covered.

Are you selling your OEm speakers with the red Leds?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.