Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any news on when they're coming out with one? I'm itching to get my 7inch in my sedan.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deadly! I already have a double din though, anyone know where I can just get the frame???

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
this seems nice but were would i get the adapter to connect the factory harness with lets say a jenson dvd player or even the one shown on the first link looks like it came from factory

·
Registered
129 Posts
niether the first. It was setup with the push button air controls. we have the nobs. Those are for the Asian market.

·
Registered
27 Posts
that's made by a chinese company no one's ever heard of. i would wait for more reliable products.

PS. I just came by Singapore based website offering fascia replacements, which seem to be of better quality (at least in the pics)
http://juzkars.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=42http://juzkars.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=42

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The juzkars website looks like it would do the trick. However, I am going to wait till something becomes available in NA

·
Registered
407 Posts
niether the first. It was setup with the push button air controls. we have the nobs. Those are for the Asian market.
Not all NA cars have nobs, as far as i know the cars with auto climate have buttons not nobs, Mine does.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hope new dash kits get made soon.... I can't hardly wait to put my aftermarket head unit in!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I contacted "Metra" dash kitsby email and they told me that on October 1st they should have the radio dash kit on there web site. Did not get any detail about single or double din. They would not say anything else at all.

Scoche did not answer back and best kits replied that it is not even in there plans yet.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was also told by metra oct 1 .

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
If this is a corporate panel , it may be half the price to buy a Kia dash replacement , dremel it out and add a generic insert. Corporate panels are usually quite expensive!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
you could also get the generic one and the cut out the extra and fiberglass the mounting bracket into it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also contacted my local Kia dealer and asked about the double DIN dash kit for the GPS. The answer I got was that you can not get it with out the GPS and it costs something like 2-3k. Don't remember exactly $$$. Completely stupid if you ask me.

I was going to get a way to add my new deck in and keep the OEM but just unplug it but since Metra says oct 1 then I decided to wait. It can be done but you just need to find the best location, even thought it might not be that convenient lol...

·
Registered
258 Posts
i just got mine off that alibaba web site and it already got to my house pic coming up and dvd going in this week whenever it arrives at the house but here is a pic of the trim for now

·
Registered
318 Posts
i just got mine off that alibaba web site and it already got to my house pic coming up and dvd going in this week whenever it arrives at the house but here is a pic of the trim for now
website on to where you got this from please!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts