Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I noticed every after my "transfer complete" message I go to call somebody by pressing the "listen" button. I can always call somebody fine the first time, but right after that if I want to call someone else I always get the "downloading phonebook" message and it won't use the "listen" to call anyone. Does anyone else notice this or have this problem? I don't think it is a huge issue, but it is mildly annoying that everytime after i call someone i have to wait a couple minutes before i can call someone else (at least through the 'listen' command/button thingy).

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya its a pain in the ass for me. ive totally just turned my bluetooth off just cuz its annoying ass hell when that happens and the chicks voice is terribly annoying as well. i just use my phone in my hand and since its not illegal to use a phone while driving, it works out just fine :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just be like me and never call anyone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the chicks voice is annoying but i can live with it...but that BEEP after it asks you something...wow that is loud (probably because I have the volume jacked up for the phone calls). i do suppose i could save myself all this trouble and just not call anyone haha

and they passed a law here in PA that the popo can pull you over if you are on your phone....

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have that problem but it never lets me call any one. I never get the transfer complete message. I just call somebody on my phone then it goes through the car speakers

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it depends on the brand of phone: My Nokia E71x (for work) works flawlessly every time I pair it with the car, but for some reason I have the same issue you do with my Samsung. Sometimes it downloads the phonebook, and other times it will just hang up on the other party in the middle of a conversation.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ya i think it's a phone thing. I have a Blackberry Tour through Verizon. Have not had any of the issues you guys are talking about.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
on the kiatech site- they have a chart listing alot of phones with what features work on what phone and what service plus 'strange' things to expect on those phones..
under- publication/consumer info.center/kia bluetooth phone compatibility without navigation

·
Registered
587 Posts
on the kiatech site- they have a chart listing alot of phones with what features work on what phone and what service plus 'strange' things to expect on those phones..
under- publication/consumer info.center/kia bluetooth phone compatibility without navigation
Hey Tampajoey, I must say that I appreaciate all the research & effort you provide.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
np- one reason we are all friends here (unless you mention NOX and then the gloves are off) lol

but seriously- that kiatech site got good stuff- but it sometimes is hard as hell to drag the good stuff up and out of there.............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts