Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the DCT does rev-matching during downshifting?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it does. Nice and crisp in sport mode
I always believed it does, but never felt it. The outside engine sound is low inside, so I wasn't sure about it. Thanks a lot!. I was a little worried about the clutches.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
163 Posts
I always believed it does, but never felt it. The outside engine sound is low inside, so I wasn't sure about it. Thanks a lot!. I was a little worried about the clutches.
I didn’t think it did either in normal. Very subtle. It certainly seems to in Sport tho. The downshifts with the paddles are way too fast and smooth to not be blipped

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn’t think it did either in normal. Very subtle. It certainly seems to in Sport tho. The downshifts with the paddles are way too fast and smooth to not be blipped
Yeah. I believe so. Although the engine sounds great outside, it is a lot less inside the cabin. However, I believe it does blip precisely because of how fast the shifting goes, and I don't feel the car jerking as it would happen if not done right with a manual transmission. If I tried in SPORT and my Racechip in RACE mode with open windows, it might be noticeable, but I mostly drive playing music. I will try it and see if the engine sound gives me a hint.

A Hyundai tuner showed me how to try a simulated launch start by pulling the hand brake and accelerating intermittently until 2K RPMs and then releasing the hand brake and stepping on it. It didn't work as expected for me, but I believe can be done with some practice, but I wouldn't want to punish my GT by doing that. I'm just used to drive manuals and this is my first car ever with DCT and Turbo. I love this little car; I just love it! 😁:cool: Looking forward to the newest version in the next couple of years. Finger crossed for Kia not to kill it as it seems to be happening with the Stinger (a different and great beast).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love the paddles; and also that it will upshift if you are hard on the beans in manual mode with the paddles. The shifts are so clean and its awesome that you can giver with the dual clutch and the software means you're not gonna break something by missing a shift. I blew the motor in my Abarth manual 5 speed because I missed a shift at high-rpm lmao.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts