Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just bought a 2010 EX Sedan, she has only 2000KMs on it. Tonight we went in it and noticed what appeared to be water driping from an area forward underneath of the glove compartment. There was very little color and no smell so I am hoping its just water. Has anybody else out there experienced this.
We live in a snowbelt so I am hoping this doesnt get worse. I will take it to the dealer this week.
The moisture is not coming from around the speakers, Ive read previous posts regarding that.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
If you have been running the AC (and in defrost mode too) it sounds like you have a leak coming from the AC evaporator (or a plugged AC drain tube). Definitely take it to the dealer for diagnosis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know what the sx forte 2.4 has to do with anything, she has as in the post an EX Sedan but anyway. I believe as in the second post that it has something to do with the AC/Defrost.

Thanks,

:)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I dont know what the sx forte 2.4 has to do with anything, she has as in the post an EX Sedan but anyway. I believe as in the second post that it has something to do with the AC/Defrost.

Thanks,

:)

no - he wasnt quoting the car as the problem.......
the fortesx2.4 is his sig......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Passenger floor mat drip Follow Up

Took the car to the dealer and of course they did a water test (whatever that is) and found no problem, they also looked at the AC connection as was previously mentioned and found nothing wrong. Yesterday it happened again, I have to park on a hill so the nose of the car is lower than the rear. We have had snow already. Is it possible that the snow builds up under the wiper assembly then melts and gets in thru the windshield or somewhere. Am I the only one that this has happened to.

:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Took the car to the dealer and of course they did a water test (whatever that is) and found no problem, they also looked at the AC connection as was previously mentioned and found nothing wrong. Yesterday it happened again, I have to park on a hill so the nose of the car is lower than the rear. We have had snow already. Is it possible that the snow builds up under the wiper assembly then melts and gets in thru the windshield or somewhere. Am I the only one that this has happened to.

:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:
Did you get a chance to watch their "water test"? If they ran a hose on the outside of the car to look for a water leak it will not show up leaking from the underside of the AC/heater box. What I think is your problem is that when you use the defroster (and AC), moisture collects on the evaporator inside the AC/heater box (this is normal!) -- what isn't normal is that your drain might be plugged or you have a bad AC box seal and the moisture from the evaporator is leaking inside your passenger compartment. Do you see water dripping from your car after you run the defroster/AC? THere is a drain tube on your firewall that allows the evaporator moisture to leak outside the car...if that is stopped up it can create the type leak you have.

Good Luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.