Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People....

The DriveShafts on my car is broken and make noise while turning left and right....

So the oem parts are over priced in the country...

Some one told me that the Drive Shafts of the Elentra will fit because they are conman ! conman motor and gear box and front suspension system >>>

so that idea will work ?

thanks

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Shouldn't it still be under warranty? See what your dealer says, maybe they'll fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it a clicking noise when turning left/right? If so, I'm also experiencing this problem (sx sedan with 33xxx miles). How much were they charging to replace them?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The CV joints would cause a clicking noise when turning if wearing out but those are low miles for that to be happening.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mfury,

My brother had mentioned the cv joints - guess I won't know for sure until I take it to te dealer. Would that be something that you think is covered under warranty or does that count as wear and tear?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I would argue with Kia motors if the dealer is trying to not cover that. Unless your car looks modified enough to be racing on the track I can't see them saying excessive wear due to abnormal usage...

·
Registered
348 Posts
We have seen a couple Fortes this winter with CV's ripped out. About half we covered under warranty, and half we charged for. The one's that were billed had excessive wear on one front tire compared to the other indicating misuse. The others had even wear on all four tires indicating normal driving and so we were more than happy to take care of it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^^
See thats Bullshit, I live on a road were one trip my car see's over 200 turns in only 15 miles,
my front tires wear quicker then the back and If I end up with a problem with a bad CV joint/shaft in the next 15,000 miles and kia trys to tell me its my fault there going to get my foot up there ass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
^^^^
See thats Bullshit, I live on a road were one trip my car see's over 200 turns in only 15 miles,
my front tires wear quicker then the back and If I end up with a problem with a bad CV joint/shaft in the next 15,000 miles and kia trys to tell me its my fault there going to get my foot up there ass.
He said one front tire against the other. since these cars are open differential in the front only 1 tire will do a burn out. So if you see one tire lower then the other then its obvious someone is doing burnouts all the time.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The couple of burnouts I have done with this car at the track had both tires spinning not one. There have been a few occasions on the street where one has spun but then the other soon catches and they both grab. This is with TCS off so maybe with it on it behaves differently? Easy to tell from in the car since the front end slides left or right due to uneven road grades.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Rollz - I would inspect the front endlinks first for clicking noise.

There will be more "uneven" tire wear due to rear torsion beam being out of spec (usually toe). And more "one wheel" spin due to KIAs APS.

·
Registered
973 Posts
both tires wont spin at the same speed with an open diff (non-lsd)
at all.
could be tie rod ends or cv's though, as mentioned. If the dealer you are at won't cover it, go to a different dealer or call kia.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been complaining to my dealer about "clicking" when I turn the wheels. They say that they cannot hear it, and last time said it could be my lowering springs or my "unsecured, aftermarket" power wire for my amp banging around

I pretty much gave up complaining about it, now I know its at least not me. I dont do burn outs and my koup has about 36,000 kms.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want to keep your warranty intact, don't modify your car. As soon as you do modifications, you will open yourself to refusal of warranty repairs - which, as a warranty administrator, makes sense, since you are altering the vehicle from it's original factory design. Just sayin'....... :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm out of warranty coz i fixed the front bumper out of the dealer .....

I'm in Egypt :( so that dealer sucks >>>

i don't know what to do :(

·
Registered
444 Posts
Does it click when you turn the steering wheel? Or does it click when you drive in a circle? If it's a repetitive clicking when driving in a circle then it is you CV joints. The u joint inside the CV boot should be replaceable but if the rubber boot is also destroyed then it would probably be cheaper to just buy a new CV shaft/joint assembly. Also, if the sound is only coming from one side then you only need to replace one of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes it's repetitive clicking sound while drive left or right from stand and when turn the steering wheel it makes like "tek" ( hard clicking )!

While moving forword nothing happens... but while press acc. and leave it i hear click like the motor hit the shaft i think...

I changed the Shaft out part from wheel side and the noise is back after 300 km driving with the new part...

so i think it will need whole new one :( and they talking about 1000 $ dollars to do it :(

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
He said one front tire against the other. since these cars are open differential in the front only 1 tire will do a burn out. So if you see one tire lower then the other then its obvious someone is doing burnouts all the time.

OOoh i miss read that.. put foot in mouth here:confused::( opps
I retract my previous statement lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts