Kia Forte Forum banner

Drivers Door not unlocking with FOB (2020 Kia Forte EX+ )

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Fishyjeff 
#1 ·
When using the Fob and unlocking the 4 doors, all doors unlock except drivers side. I can open 3 doors but not the drivers door. Inside you can see all four door lock mechanism activate and show as being open, again all doors will open from the outside except the drivers door. Any Insight?

#2 ·
When using the Fob and unlocking the 4 doors, all doors unlock except drivers side. I can open 3 doors but not the drivers door. Inside you can see all four door lock mechanism activate and show as being open, again all doors will open from the outside except the drivers door. Any Insight?
Reprogramming or faulty actuator

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Hi, did you go to a car wash and parked outside after? Or in other words, could it be frozen shut?
I'm trying to wrap my head around all you told us. The thing I'm getting stuck is that the lock mechanisms activate, and the lever shows as open. That tells me, the actuator is working, so something else is stuck, hopefully, or defective. With the key, does the door open?
I had the rear door driver's side frozen shut before, all seemed ok, but door would not open. Handle moved normal. Two days in a car shelter, even it was -20 deg. but it was sufficient for it to dry out, and the door opened again. Voilà.

#4 ·
Hi, did you go to a car wash and parked outside after? Or in other words, could it be frozen shut?
I'm trying to wrap my head around all you told us. The thing I'm getting stuck is that the lock mechanisms activate, and the lever shows as open. That tells me, the actuator is working, so something else is stuck, hopefully, or defective. With the key, does the door open?
I had the rear door driver's side frozen shut before, all seemed ok, but door would not open. Handle moved normal. Two days in a car shelter, even it was -20 deg. but it was sufficient for it to dry out, and the door opened again. Voilà.
Doors are not frozen nor through a carwash recently. Tried the car today and door lock worked again. My daughter stated this happened a couple times to her yesterday.
I'm not sure if its the actuators, programming, or water.
If it happens again its going straight to the dealer while the issue is still present.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.