Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Koup SX 2.4L, 6Speed manual Koup and the spring in the drivers side door window switch (for the drivers window) is broken. While the window still works if I release the switch to quickly it drops down to the auto-down position so its kind of a pain remembering to release it slowly when pulling it up to close the window. I found the right part online, but was wondering if I can remove the black panel over the switch in the door armrest (where the switches are) without pulling the whole door panel off. There is a screw in the bottom of the handle well that is part of the black plastic panel that seems to be separate from the rest of the door handle/panel so I hoping I could pop that out by itself. Can't find any videos specific to the koup for this switch replacement, just ones for the 4 and 5 door Forte's.
Thanks
RM

·
Registered
108 Posts
Haven't done it on my Koup, but normally you need access to the backside to pop the clips. You can try prying it and see what happens, I was able to do that on my Tiburon. Taking the door panel off isn't too painful.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a 2011 Koup SX 2.4L, 6Speed manual Koup and the spring in the drivers side door window switch (for the drivers window) is broken. While the window still works if I release the switch to quickly it drops down to the auto-down position so its kind of a pain remembering to release it slowly when pulling it up to close the window. I found the right part online, but was wondering if I can remove the black panel over the switch in the door armrest (where the switches are) without pulling the whole door panel off. There is a screw in the bottom of the handle well that is part of the black plastic panel that seems to be separate from the rest of the door handle/panel so I hoping I could pop that out by itself. Can't find any videos specific to the koup for this switch replacement, just ones for the 4 and 5 door Forte's.
Thanks
RM
I have a 2013 Koup that had that EXACT same problem about a month or 2 ago. I took it to a automated car wash one day and the attendant pulled up on the switch to make sure the window was up. Well, he pulled the switch up and closed the door. The switch fell down and the window went down. Fortunately I was watching this through the glass window and yelled for them the shut down the car wash before the car was flooded with soap and water.

About the door panel, no, you can't remove the switches without removing the entire door panel. The switch panel is screwed to the door panel from behind. The door panel is removed basically the same way as a sedan/hatchback door panel with a couple extra screws behind the door pull handle. You have to pry off the cover of the door pull handle to access the screws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts