Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it was a major blizzard but my Koup drove like crap in the snow. Stock tires did not help I guess but my main problem was the stupid traction control. killing the gas? really? wtf. Damn near got me killed on 287 in NY last night.:mad:

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Mine is a TANK in the snow. ITs amazing, and handles great. No sliding around.

I have Blizzak Tires which stick to the road. They're absolutely amazing.

When it comes to Traction control, you HAVE to turn it off at lights, and before merging on highways. with time, you'll know when you need it and when you don't.

Piece of advice, get snow tires. All of the reviiews that i read all agree that our stock tires are useless in snow.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I know it was a major blizzard but my Koup drove like crap in the snow. Stock tires did not help I guess but my main problem was the stupid traction control. killing the gas? really? wtf. Damn near got me killed on 287 in NY last night.:mad:
Stock tires in snow :rolleyes: They're worth nothing on dry ashphalt, I can't imagine in snow even worst in a blizzard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lol. Yeah I got an sx with those 17" wheels. I got 21 inches of snow lastnight. Not even gonna bother to see how it drives in the snow cause I really dont care to know at this point. Gonna Take some public transportation for the next few days. I would think that all you EX owners would have a better handle on the road then the SX owners would. Just my thought I may be wrong.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Lol. Yeah I got an sx with those 17" wheels. I got 21 inches of snow lastnight. Not even gonna bother to see how it drives in the snow cause I really dont care to know at this point. Gonna Take some public transportation for the next few days. I would think that all you EX owners would have a better handle on the road then the SX owners would. Just my thought I may be wrong.

Why would they? less toruquey engine maybe?

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I agree...the stock tires don't deserve to be used on dry land let alone snow.

I put Continental Extreme DSWs (dry wet snow) on my car and I had a great traction in the icy ski resort parking lots this weekend...and they aren't even technically snow tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmmm Maybe. I am just not crazy about the ride I get on my sx. I really feel Bumps and sometimes it feels like I am losing my rear end when I hit a bump. And actually a few weeks ago when had a bit of freezing rain and my car was slipping and sliding and the ABS was not doing a damn thing. So it could be the tires. I love my car though..lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hmmm Maybe. I am just not crazy about the ride I get on my sx. I really feel Bumps and sometimes it feels like I am losing my rear end when I hit a bump. And actually a few weeks ago when had a bit of freezing rain and my car was slipping and sliding and the ABS was not doing a damn thing. So it could be the tires. I love my car though..lol
Yeah the day i bought mine in febuary we had a pretty good snowfall and i was sliding all over the place. I got some snow tires this year and it hasnt been an issue at all. Well the 4 inches we got is nothing compared to 21!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Complete opposite for me. The car feels like it handles 10x better the snow. Its all about the tires, and i just put some vulcans on it like last week and man, its riding like a dream.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,857 Posts
I don't care who you are and how much experience you have driving on ice no vehicle is good on ice! I've seen 30 ton tanks that couldn't be driven on ice -- and tanks have a lot more traction then any car will ever have!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I need to get sum snow tires asap! I almost got stuck at the bar I work at lol couldn't drive up the smallest hill! I had to rev it up to 7000! And finally slid out ahhh I still had fun sliding down the roads lol

·
Registered
645 Posts
My Koup is the best car i have owned in the snow, a real tank,sometimes I am even quicker than some 4 wheel drive at a stop light with snow on the streets.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm driving to VT from NJ tomorrow morning at 6 am. It was supposed to be today but that didnt work out. Stock tires. I got a flat the other day and the only replacement I could get was a Goodyear GT I think it was. Which I've read also suck in the snow. Kinda terrified. Plus I've got my CAI so I'm freaking out about sucking in snow and ruining my engine. shittttttttttttttt

·
Registered
128 Posts
Soo I don't know much about tires I was jw outta these tires which are the best? I was thinkin the pirellis or blizzacks?
Here's the link:
Tire Search Results

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Soo I don't know much about tires I was jw outta these tires which are the best? I was thinkin the pirellis or blizzacks?
Here's the link:
Tire Search Results
You can't go wrong with a set of blizzacks. Best winter tires are nokian hakkapeliitta's.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Blizzak WS70 is the way to go. I have them on my koup now and they're utterly amazing. The car sticks to the road perfect. From personal experience here's a quick review.

Advantages:

Great Grip on snow and ice

Disadvantages:

Very LOUD
Not the best dry traction

1 - 20 of 39 Posts