Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte LXS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
This is my first post on here, so please bear with me. Side note: I am also not entirely car savvy either, so there's that.

I've had my 2021 Forte LXS for a little over 2 weeks now. Great car! Unfortunately though, my financial status didn't allow me to upgrade to any higher trim. I test drove an FE, but the dealership upgraded me to the LXS, so I suppose that is good enough for me. This is my 3rd KIA that I've owned, starting with a 2015 Forte Koup, then down to a 2014 Rio LX.

Anyway, the LXS comes standard with DRLs instead of fogs. I personally prefer fogs because aesthetically, I think the 4 lights together looks better than 2. Is there any sort of conversion kit available between the '19s - '21s that allow me to swap the DRLs for fogs? Even if I have to wire them directly to the headlights, that is okay. I feel like I can get the option for it, but the dealership will cost an arm and a leg to do it. Any suggestions will help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been trying to figure a way to have the DRLs on all the time, just need to experment with wiring. I know nothing about CAN network wiring though.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte LXS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been trying to figure a way to have the DRLs on all the time, just need to experment with wiring. I know nothing about CAN network wiring though.

I'm not good at wiring either. Safer if someone else does it and I learn from them, otherwise I'd be popping and blowing stuff up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,
This is my first post on here, so please bear with me. Side note: I am also not entirely car savvy either, so there's that.

I've had my 2021 Forte LXS for a little over 2 weeks now. Great car! Unfortunately though, my financial status didn't allow me to upgrade to any higher trim. I test drove an FE, but the dealership upgraded me to the LXS, so I suppose that is good enough for me. This is my 3rd KIA that I've owned, starting with a 2015 Forte Koup, then down to a 2014 Rio LX.

Anyway, the LXS comes standard with DRLs instead of fogs. I personally prefer fogs because aesthetically, I think the 4 lights together looks better than 2. Is there any sort of conversion kit available between the '19s - '21s that allow me to swap the DRLs for fogs? Even if I have to wire them directly to the headlights, that is okay. I feel like I can get the option for it, but the dealership will cost an arm and a leg to do it. Any suggestions will help?

Thanks!
You can order the GT Line headlights with the 4 point DRLs and install it to your LXS. I did this to my LXS, they will only turn on when you have your headlights on or when you have parking lights on though. You can also rewire them to stay on all the time but you’re going to have to cut some cables.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts