Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright im making this thread for those who are interested in my intake setup, You have to take out the battery and battery tray and front left headlight and its just a couple a bolts holding on the tray and light really simple to take off but go easy with the head light.

Ok so the parts you'll need are spectre piping and filters and you can pick these up from autozone, kragen, or pepboys, i got all my stuff from pepboys.

The List
3- 45 degree bent pipes
2- 90 degree bent pipes
1- 90 degree Y' bent pipe
1- 6 inch straight pipe
1- 60 degree bent pipe
1- Duct piping
1- Coupler kit
2- 3 inch couplers
And two 3 inch filters of your choice, i have a spectre and K&N filter cause i used the K&N one for my old CAI

Also you'll need to find a mount for your ECU or custom make one or cut up your old air box, i custom made a mount for mine out of some cheap mental sheet i bought.

Look through the pictures as you go through the steps

1st step
Connect the 45 degree pipe to the Y' pipe and connect the 60 degree pipe to the end of the Y' pipe

2nd step
Connect the 90 degree pipe to your air filter

3rd step
Gently put the air filter in the front well, be careful to not damage the mesh of the filter to much

4th step
Connect the 45 degree pipe to the 90 degree pipe

5th step
Connect the 6 inch straight pipe to the 45 degree pipe and connect the last 45 degree pipe to the top of the 6 inch pipe

6th step
Connect the the two pipes together and the air filter to complete the intake

If you have any questions ask me and i'll clear them up for you

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Final step
Put the 90 degree pipe on the old ram air intake and run the hose from that to the top of the air filter

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,825 Posts
A+ for effort!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wingzero, ya you could make a cheap CAI with these parts and i have a automatic and they have a breather hose and a second hose for the air sensor and black koup i'll try to get a sound clip up today

Ya Also you need to mount a breather hose mount if you have and automatic and extend the air pipe to

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a sound clip
The camera was on the dash and i had the windows closed :eek:

Skip to one minute mark

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well you got to hear it for yourself in real life to appreciate it lol
if you have a loud stereo system turn it all the way up then listen to the vid lol

·
Banned
203 Posts
Ok I just heard the sound clip and I'm in love, I went to pep boys and looked for the pieces just to get a price and there plastic right? Do you worry about melting or anything? Also I am not familiar with engines at all, so idk 1% of what I would even have to do, to do this. Your write up is very helpful but could you dumb it down for me(; thanks

·
Banned
203 Posts
Also I was looking for the "coupler kit" and I have no idea what that is, I found two spectre couplers and they both say kit on them, I have no idea what I need to buy:( also do I need to buy something to connect the hose to?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright here are the vids

part 1

part 2

·
Banned
203 Posts
thanks so much! so much help, deffinitly making this as soon as i can. I dont even know if i have tools to make that mount for the ecu. So i guess if you can make a viddeo for that, that would be awesome, or ill just go to lowes and try to make one myself XD

·
Banned
203 Posts
Also in the write up you said you needed to remove the left headlight, do I need to? Or is it just easier

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is the dual intake better for the vehicle? What are the pros and cons?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry guys that it took me so long to reapond, i'll try and make a vid on the ecu mount soon
black koup you dont have to take the headlight out that was the old way i did it

Benjamin all i have are pros for this setup its helps with higher speeds and its a safer intake cause if water splash on the bottom cone there isnt enough suction to pull it into the motor

·
Banned
203 Posts
thanks, cant wait to do this, est cost of everything? i went up to pep boys and looked at the parts and each pipe is like 12$. Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts