Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got tired of looking at that empty space were the air box use to be.:D So decided that a cone filter would look better but i already had a CAI so i used Spectre tubing and customized a Dual Air Intake and i got to say it is worth it, it sounds a lot meaner :eek: and picks up better, 55-80 picks up better too
I think im the first to do this lol
Sorry for the sound and shaking
you have to be in the car to appreciate it
THIS IS A CAI WITH A SECOND CONE AT THE TOP OFF THE PIPE
here are some pics and a vid
for some reason youtube cut the video short

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
lol nice idea dude u should put a hose tho hooked to the top filter from the hood entry so u get more air going into the engine

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
cool. i thought of doing this. but wasn't sure if it would do anything.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fabzzie thank you for the idea you have completed my intake system lol and justinadams it supprisingly adds HP i have an automatic an like i said 60- 80 picks up a lot better to me my car used to slow down around there but now its quicker

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alfonso, Spectre sells a 90 degree Y split piece you just got to check and see were they are sold, i got mine from pepboys

Heres some updated pics

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
justinadams, honestly my forte sounds so mean, it literaly turns heads people think its a subaru coming up the street
its ear piercing at 7000 rpms
the nice thing is that when im cruising you dont here it, theres no annoying drome
but in 2 gear at 2500 rpm the sound kicks in

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Just cut a damn hole in the hood to direct the air onto that second filter lol. Looks pretty funny running the dryer hose around the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
agreed. he's got something no one else has. and it actually give umph to his ride.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
agreed. he's got something no one else has. and it actually give umph to his ride.
I don't see umph being added to this ride. What he did was turn a CAI into a SRI. Pretty much negating most of that cold air that was coming in thought the long tube since most air will pull from the closest source, less restriction, and now warm to hot air. It may have caused more restriction pulling in the cold air due to length but at least it was cold air that would enter the engine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well it might not be suckin in as much cold air but there is a slight gian in power on the top end side but dont knock it till you try it
plus theres no such thing as cold air in LA lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts