Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my uncle just bought a car for his daughter who turned 16 a 2009 base model fit with 9k miles for $17,900 CASH! He is all gung ho on these Hondas since he has bought a Ridgeline and CRV. I think it was a terrible decision after see what I have in my brand new Forte for MUCH MUCH LESS! What is everyone else's thoughts???

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
should of went KIA!!! much better i think. never owned a honda so i wouldn't know. heck.. i bought this koup $19,100 cash!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly! $19100 and it's brand new with bluetooth and everything! someone had sucker written all over his face!

·
Registered
973 Posts
eww a fit? lol
a friend and i have been talking about the future of honda and think they should come out with a fit si hybrid. call it the sHit.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
blanthony: before i got this koup.. i wanted to get rid of my dad's old 2000 hyundai elantra. it was getting on its last leg. headed over to brandon hyundai.. i was looking for a tibby but they didnt have one. so i was looking at the 2 trim accent.. the dude tried to sell it to me for $17,000!!! the manager or supervisor kept on pushing us to purchase. we walked out.. brandon kia was expensive. month later we went to century kia.. and was like yea we'll take that showroom floor koup!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I paid $18,100 for my 2011 SX koup when they wanted 20 thousand for it. real good stuff and he deffinately got ripped off

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
dang J03K3R! you're lucky. I paid a $1000 more! lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
im a very stern negotiator. I more or less told them I had to settle for the car they had because they were nice to me. and that i got that quote from another dealer and they bent over backward to sell me the car

·
Registered
644 Posts
Copperhead, the A/T also costs more than the M/T so it kind of works out. I got my 2010 koup A/T with leather for 18,900 :]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice Nice. the dealership through a bunch of crap in so i didnt mind paying the price i did

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
J03K3R : i guess we should of negotiated harder. it had an online quote of $18,038. ended up paying 19,100 with military discount and $1000 trade in.. all well, its over now. haha
thiefness : you say that then you say you got with leather.. lol.. oh well. i love my koup.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It was not the type of car that makes him a dumbass, rather it's the fact that he spent $17,900 on a 16 year old. He should have spent $3-5K tops.
Agreed! My daughter is 14 and I told her she better have the mindset of finding a job, saving and purchasing her own vehicle. It teaches nothing to someone that age. I bought my first car myself, and although it was a piece of junk, it was mine and I was proud.....It irks me to pull into the high school to drop off my stepson and see a 16-17 year old drive in at the same time with Mommy and Daddy's BMW!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed! My daughter is 14 and I told her she better have the mindset of finding a job, saving and purchasing her own vehicle. It teaches nothing to someone that age. I bought my first car myself, and although it was a piece of junk, it was mine and I was proud.....It irks me to pull into the high school to drop off my stepson and see a 16-17 year old drive in at the same time with Mommy and Daddy's BMW!!!!

It's funny you say that. I also have a CLK 320 convert I use as a weekend car to keep miles off and keep it like new. We looked at a few of those for her too. She liked the idea of it, but she thought everyone would think she was bitch for having it. LOL I just think he got ripped off for buying a 2009 FIT for $18,400 out the door thou and I guess he got an extdened warranty for 100K miles. Hondas are nice cars but I sure as hell got a lot more car for way less and BRAND NEW!

·
Registered
77 Posts
She's just gonna wreck it. I got in three accidents my first couple of years of driving. Most teenagers are bad drivers when they start.

Haven't been in another wreck since (I'm 26 now), but in retrospect I'm very glad I was driving an old corolla when I was her age instead of a brand new car!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I saw the car tonight. WTF it is so stripped down. The car didn't even have keyless entry!!! Every car I have had since I was 16 had keyless entry and I'm now 31! I thought that was pretty much standard especially in a Honda 2009 model even. Another thing that it had was a slide switch for recirculate on the a/c instead of a button. The dealer by me still has some 2010 fortes REDUCED big time and he could have wound up with a better deal!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts