Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know there are a lot of threads on this stuff, but I need quick answers (hopefully).

My installer needs to know how much Dynamat I will want to use. I am replacing all 4 speakers in my Koup and putting a 10" sub in the trunk.

Should I Dynamat huge areas on the door, or are the small kits for doors good enough? Should I Dynamat the trunk or wait to see how much rattle I get?

Detailed comments are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i am in the process of doing myself with stuff called peel and seal its a helluva lot cheaper and is literally exactly the same. you will probably need roughly 75-90 sq ft of but of course this is just an estimate at best. Good luck with your system i changed my speakers out but i think i didnt keep polarity right, and this weekend i will be adding a 12" kicker cvr. You should be just fine with doing the doors, the back panels, and the trunk. did you know that there are aire vents in the trunk i found that funny.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although D113's post is quite awesome and thorough, it's slightly overkill for my needs. If I want to do the basics, what should I do to get started?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Don't use peal and seal unless you want to do multiple layers, look into second skin sound deadener.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sound deadening

hi guys i used T-mat
each sheet is 95 x 50cm
used 2 and half sheets in one front door of my koup. sounds like the door's now solid. sound is perfect.
yesterday i removed all the rear panels and boot area, used 6 and half sheets. sub is not rattling the car n e more, sounds perfect.
i have 1 sheet left, but need 4 more sheet, to do the boot lid and passenger front door. was a lot of work, took 9 hours from start to finish.
also guys, when u are doing this, get yourself a hot glue gun, and stick everything down that is loose.
i.e the clips that hold down all the wires, also the yellow plastic things that used to hold your speakers in.
after sound proofing tap and bang every panel, to check for rattles and hot glue gun away

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
We like Fat Mat.

Here's some shots from couple of our builds of the same car model. Collectively, I don't have many shots because it's not something I thought was important enough to document.

After shots of the stereos in both vehicles:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts