Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used dynamat to sound deaden their doors , I have ordered a bulk pack and was wondering whether I should insulate the inside skin of the outer panel:confused: or just the panel where the speaker goes

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Thanks ! I appreciate that pehaps up my reputation in my user cp!

Ps check the other thread I replied there

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed my Dynamat Extreme to the doors today, the weather was nice and warm and that helped with installation. I covered all the the exposed metal on the inside of the outer skin plus the panel where the speaker fits, app 2 sheets per door. The sheets were pretty easy to install helped by the hot day, the hardest thing was cutting the Dynamat to the various sizes needed.
I was suprised to find out that only the front doors have any deadning treatment applied and that was only a miserable small piece of a tar based sheet.
I am really pleased how the the installation turned out, the doors feel so much heavier and I have lost that tinny sound, I get a nice beefy thud when I shut the doors now, it makes the car feel much better . My new speakers sound great now, I have a nice tight bass with no noise resonating from the panels or linnings.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I wish more people saw the value and overall improvement of this. I've done this myself and loved the results. Roadnoise is easily halved, and sound quality has improved tremendously especially aftermarket components!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish more people saw the value and overall improvement of this. I've done this myself and loved the results. Roadnoise is easily halved, and sound quality has improved tremendously especially aftermarket components!
Thanks for your installation photo's and help, I would never had know about Dynamat before reading your post.
You mentioned that road noise has dropped by half, I would have to agree with you on that, at first I thought I was just imagining it. The other thing is that the car feels and sounds much more solid on the road but I think thats pyscological because of the quieter ride and firmer doors due to the Dynamat, even the trunk is much quieter now.
Its the best $200 I have ever spent on a car.
Now next upgrade is a Amp for rear speaker;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I cut strips of Dynamat and put around the speaker mountings, also I applied a fair bit of it to the inside linning especially around the bottom pocket as that vibrates a lot.
I bought this non-slip lining from the Hardware its used for draw liners, the foam rubber sheet would also deaden the standing waves inside door panel. I just haven't the inclination to take the door linnings off again

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How will you glue that on? Great idea !
I don't think I will glue it I might just use a good Gaffa tape and just put it over the plastic moister barrier and taping the edges. I have some spray on glue here, that I got to mount photos to picture frame but glue is too messy and permament

·
Registered
533 Posts
Question... How'd you get the rear shelf with the third brake light out?? I've been trying for two days and can't get it out!!! Does it differ from the Koup??

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
lets see if i remember, i didnt do it.

remove seats, remove rear pillar covers (probably includes rear dark triangle), remove front facing trim around hole to trunk, remove shelf.

have you tried KGIS?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts