Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK 2.4 folks... it's time to Dyno. Who would be willing to baseline while I dyno my modded 2.4? I plan to do this next week on the 8th. As Always, pics are in order.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OK, I have selected the shop based on history of their work. I will be heading up to MechTech motorsports in Escondido, CA and working with Jim to see what roxy is putting out to the wheels.

DSE Sand Rail, Supercharger, Turbo, Northstar, LS1, LS2, LS6, Mechtech, San Diego

Mechtech's Dyno is a DynoJet 248. I dyno'ed my Sorento there..

"Dee" put down 241 at the wheels which is around 300BHP with the AT. I am expecting that Roxy will come in around 150(low estimate) -165 (high estimate) at the wheels. The car "feels like" it is pulling towards the 200BHP mark. The only way to know is to spin it on the dynojet.

It is VERY important for our community to have a baseline test and I should have done one before modding.

I just wanted to unlock the power in our cars and share that knowledge quickly. If you have tried my mods you know they are making good power and help the engine rev. A special thanks goes out to Ed Hanson and RoadRace Motorsports for implementing my ideas and concepts on the car.

If there are no takers in the community Coupe or Sedan (which would be a sad day), I might try throwing the sales rep a bill to see if he would let me "test drive dyno" a car. After all, I did just buy a car from him!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Your numbers sound reasonable , the baseline should be between 140-145 whp depending on auto or manual trans . Anything approaching 160whp would be good , above that , great .
I hope you get a auto sedan to take up your offer , good luck !

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can probably do this for you. I just recently bought a forte koup. I'll just have to hit up turbokits and see how much they would charge me to run my forte on the dyno. broke after makin my downpayment so might be a few weeks before I got that much doe to blow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you see how old this thread was?
no but it was on page 2 didn't think it would be that old. Guess I'm just used to the Honda forums where there's a new page every 2 or 3 days. Also 99% of the time I'm on my phone and don't bother to look at the date something was posted. But regardless didn't look like anyone has posted a stock dyno yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts