Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from having everything welded in. Replaced the 2 inch pipe with 2.5 and got a DynoMax 2 chamber muffler.

I know the sound will change a bit once the muffler breaks in a bit...but as of right now its not much louder than stock at idle and it has a very smooth deep sound while driving.

At WOT it has a nice rumble...not like your typical Flowmaster though. Its bassy-sounding and has minimal drone inside the car. To be honest it really doesnt sound much different then stock from the inside until you put your foot in it.

If i could figure out the pics thing (im on a cellphone) I would post some pics.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
awaiting send it to a email or something or attach phone to pc

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you order the muffler through the dynomax website or buy it in a store? Website doesnt list our Forte Koup as a supported vehicle, so I'm wondering if its a civic size muffler or something.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought it from the custom muffler shop that did the work.

stock is 2 inch pipe. All you need is a center/offset muffler. Center in offset out.

He put an expander right after the CAT (which i plan to swap with a high-flow as soon as I find someplace willing to do it) and ran new 2.5 inch mandrel-bent ss pipe. He said he tried to flatten out the bends as much as possible but there is a large almost 90 degee in the stock setup that is made to clear the rear axle...and he saidhe couldnt do a whole lot to eliminate it.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
yes sir still awaiting!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes sir still awaiting!
i have a short vid (50k) of the sound...only 2 problems. I only have internet on my phone (i can email the file to someone if they would be willing to post it for me) and its in some 3gp format that i cant upload myself.

also the sound doesnt faithfully reproduce what the car really sounds like. in the video it sounds raspy...irl its smooth and deep bass-sounding.

ill see if my camera can take a pic of the right size tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
ok cool i can upload it for you on youtube if you like pm me

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks to crock89:

here is the sound clip:

taken with my cellphone...so keep in mind its not as raspy...its very deep smooth bass....some of that comes through.

·
Registered
320 Posts
So larger pipes and diff muffler? Specs on the muffler and what about the tips?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So larger pipes and diff muffler? Specs on the muffler and what about the tips?
DynoMax SuperTurbo muffler...2.5 inch ss pipe all the way to the CAT. Tips are stock because i like the look of the factory tips.

In the future its going to be a high-flow CAT and 2.5 tubing up to the headers.....then aftermarket headers when/if they get made.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good job! This is very similar to Roxy except I did 2 1/4 to remove Torque Loss down low (per Ed Hanson himself) and used a larger resonantor. The result is bassy and it sounds way different than most four bangers with the coffee cans <Rasp Rasp>

I will be checking out the cback exh from Tkits exhuast soon. It should be a good comparison to this setup.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the law in my state says we cant replace the CAT unless there is a problem with it or until after 5 years.

A rock might just have to jump up and put a little hole in the housing..lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
meh same for ny but as long as you have a cat in there.. they probably wont question you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts