Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Sedan EX Manual Transmission. The other day I noticed a hole between the e-brake and the center console. It looks like a boot to cover this area up when the brake is not engaged was not installed. Anyone else notice this?

Great site. I have a lot more questions and concerns about this beautiful car but will have to post more later.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i know what you mean, when the e-brake isnt engaged, theres a gap between the rubber where stuff can fall into the console.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah about a month after i bought my forte, the boot that your talking about fell off. there is these tiny little plastic tabs that hold it on, and broke. so i'm pretty sure that, thats wat happened to yours. how that helps ya out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I think that is what happened. I went to the dealer last week and the service manager looked at a new Forte and the boot was missing on that one. He did verify that there is supposed to be one and said he would order it for me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem and would like to fix it myself (I dont trust dealers much) thing is I cant find any e-break boot that would accualy fit there.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem and would like to fix it myself (I dont trust dealers much) thing is I cant find any e-break boot that would accualy fit there.
you hhave to order the part from the dealer, or google KIA Parts and look for it online

·
Registered
147 Posts
you hhave to order the part from the dealer, or google KIA Parts and look for it online
Thanks, I was just wondering if there is an aftermarket boot, the OEM boot broke off, if I buy another OEM boot who says it wont happen again? Im looking for something more sturdy. The little gap inbetween the consol and the e-break dosent look very nice :( Ill take a picture of it next time Im in my car

·
Registered
585 Posts
not enough info really.. post a picture of what it looks like so we could tell you.
How much more info do you need? He said it is the e-brake boot. What part didn't you understand? That piece, from what I understand, is not easily replaced - the entire section has to be replaced. Really dumb design if you ask me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
To my understanding the whole console must be replaced, the part is not available as a separate piece. Also the tabs that hold the "boot" on are made into the console, so if broken, the console has no way to keep the "boot" in place..

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me maybe 3 weeks after I got my forte. I asked the mechanic if he could put it back in when i did my 3k mi service at the dealer. I got the same reply of the center console has to be removed...

Luckily I still have the rubber flap that fits there, I may get rambunctious enough to glue it back into place at some point lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
im pretty sure that rubber peice is still in that hole somewhere, ill go finishing for it and probably end up with a makeshift solution.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
heres a picture

whoa. jolt drinking pepsi? lol

but seriously... wow- wondering if there is some enterprising soul around that has crafted a replacement- like the guys that have made new boots for the gear stick.... (hint hint for those guys)

·
Registered
147 Posts
whoa. jolt drinking pepsi? lol

but seriously... wow- wondering if there is some enterprising soul around that has crafted a replacement- like the guys that have made new boots for the gear stick.... (hint hint for those guys)
Pepsi bribed me :p

anyways... yes a replacement would be very handy, Im not gonna bother putting the OEM part back in just beacuse its probably going to happen again... If it gets to the point where I cant stand to look at that hole I will probably end up crafting something up from something cheap.

I also found this...
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/222/boot1f.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9305/boot2s.jpg

I dont know if that would fit or not but it kinda looks like it would, It wouldent cover up the hole completely but would make it look a bit better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pepsi bribed me :p

anyways... yes a replacement would be very handy, Im not gonna bother putting the OEM part back in just beacuse its probably going to happen again... If it gets to the point where I cant stand to look at that hole I will probably end up crafting something up from something cheap.

I also found this...
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/222/boot1f.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9305/boot2s.jpg

I dont know if that would fit or not but it kinda looks like it would, It wouldent cover up the hole completely but would make it look a bit better.

That actually looks way better than the flimsy rubber flap.

I wonder if there would be enough clearance though when disengaging the e-brake so it doesn't bunch up.:confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
dealer put a new one on mine, with super glue, and 2 weeks later that one had half the rubber rip off from the ebrake sliding into it. what a cheap ass piece of rubber.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.