Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone that has aftermarket eagle eye headlights/smithclubs headlights for 2010 thru 2013 Fortes can you remove one of your headlights, remove & open their dust covers & take pics of the retainer clips.

Don't know what they look like I bought the pair without them & missing parts, in bad condition & appearance. I have asked about this in a previous post, absolutely no answers.

I've replied, helped offered help as much as possible & contributing to the community with my own DIY, pics & teardowns, posts & threads especially when it comes to the "can I change my dash lights, can I repair my dash lights, I want to change the color or can I change the color to my dash lights" in old posts. Nothing solid, concrete & 100%. Google search/internet search nothing. No one's had the balls to do it or didn't care to contribute & I did or try to help as much as I can. If I can't I won't answer but will ask if they found the diy & or fix cause one day I may need that little help. It's the take a penny leave a penny thing. Also I've done the search on here, nothing either.

These are the headlights I'm fixing.

I need & require pics of the missing & unknown retainer clip to H1 bulbs. The H1 layout is angled & NOT like OEM/factory 2010 thru 2013 bulbs retainer clips which are straight.

These are the 2010 thru 2013 Kia Forte OEM/factory H1 bulb retainer clips.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,152 Posts
I have no clue about those headlights...
Will the factory original retainers work on the aftermarket lights?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,152 Posts
I haven't even seen those headlights in person...see them only on ebay and forum pictures. Since they're made in China have you tried contacting some of the sellers on ebay to see if they could provide parts?

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Necessity...the Mother of all inventions...
Author unknown.
(y)

·
Registered
530 Posts
This works on other headlights. The annoying part is removing the screws on a burnt out light.

It's better than nothing.
OK, yes, it'll be a pain to remove, but how often does that happen?

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
7-4-21 sealed the smithclubs/eagle eye headlights with Oracle's headlight sealant. Didn't have clamps. Used zipties instead. 3hrs of clamping/similar pressure on the assembly seal sets overnight. Depending on the thickness of the seal bead, the silicone may take up to 2 weeks to fully cure. During this time pressure washing, heavy rains, or any other unnecessary contact with water or moisture & the seal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts