Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys/gals, if you are not totally crazy about car audio but would like a little "oomph" without looking like the douchebag at the red light, then i recommend getting a bazooka tube. I went to Ultra Audio Sound in mississauga since the guys here in K-town are idiots and gave me the run-around. I just have the 8 inch powered sub and it will give you more then enough bass for your mids/lows without rattling your car. It blends in really well with the stock components.
just an idea for you guys who want a "mild" upgrade.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Alright guys/gals, if you are not totally crazy about car audio but would like a little "oomph" without looking like the douchebag at the red light, then i recommend getting a bazooka tube. I went to Ultra Audio Sound in mississauga since the guys here in K-town are idiots and gave me the run-around. I just have the 8 inch powered sub and it will give you more then enough bass for your mids/lows without rattling your car. It blends in really well with the stock components.
just an idea for you guys who want a "mild" upgrade.
Ultra sells bazookas?

What model did you get?

Pics?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@ Purelithium

thats the exact sub i got @ f-shop! they are RARELY on sale and i jumped on it!
bought the sub on sale for $149.99 + tx and Ultra charged only $80.00 + tax for the install (took an hour exactly, and they did an amazing job, cant even tell my dash was taken apart. They are worth the drive to mississauga!!!) I did however had to tune the built-in amp myself as they had it too quiet for my liking, but its sooooooooooooo easy, only 2 dials, so you can really get it thumping if you want.

@ Robertsin

He hooked it up the factory head unit, the Bazooka comes with ALL the wiring you need! and yes it has a built in 100w amp that you can tune, plus a built in cross-over, not bad at all!

@ D113

BTA8100FH and no Ultra does not carry Bazooka but i wanted a mild setup this time around (had 2 12's before and it was just too much and i didnt want to replace all the stock components in the koup)

·
Registered
65 Posts
KwelKoup did you turn down the bass on the head unit? How does it sound? Do you get rattles in the doors and in the back speakers?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ robertsin

headunit is currently set @

bass = 0
mid = 5
high = 8

thats my settings right now and i listen to rock/rap/techno/dance/some pop and a little country and i find its set up pretty well for everything. The rap and dance you can tell the bass has been enhanced, but for the other genres, it blends in so well the avg passenger would never guess!
The koup has NO rattles or vibration on the outside at the rear, and i havent noticed anything on the inside either to be honest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cool! I notice with trance and dance the bass rattles the speakers> I have the Bass +5, mid +3, highs +8 and the Power bass off. Maybe with the bass @ 0 with the bazooka it will help.
Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ robertsin

yeah i know exactly what you mean! the plastic on those doors was drivin me crazy, but i havent noticed anything now. Oh i forgot all about the P. Bass, i always kept that off :p lol
yeah with the bass - 0 and a tube, you will be really impressed, and youre welcome!

·
Registered
65 Posts
KewlKoup one more quick question. What size fuse did they use at the battery. I'm asking because I was looking at the manual looks like a pretty straight forward install.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@ robertsin

ah man, i honestly dont know :S they just showed me where it was under the dash (right above the diagnostic plug is where they put mine in case i had to change it)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the Bazooka BA10100 too. I did the install myself in about an hour. Easy to do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the Bazooka BA10100 too. I did the install myself in about an hour. Easy to do.
how did you mount your sub so it doesnt roll over?? i have mine parallell to the back seat and i find the carpet back there just lifts up and it rolls during my drives...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I actually secured the straps all the way through to the metal on the bottom of the trunk. Mine has never moved and I have had it in for over a month now. Mine is facing the back of the trunk on the drivers.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Buy large pieces of velcro and mount them on the bottom of your sub's box and stick them to the trunk fabric. Cheap and extremely effective method

1 - 20 of 42 Posts