Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anybody else had trouble with there Eco Light the green mileage light my cars has never worked I'm going in tomorrow to change the oil and have them look at this..

just curious if anybody else has had a problem like this.. ???:confused:

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
For starters, do you have the eco light "on"? It also doesn't operate when cruise control is on. Speed control for the radio seems to get louder around 40 mph. It doesn't get as loud as I have seen in GM cars. Hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I had the eco light not work once in my car but it was only that once. to get the light to work again i just had to turn off the car then turn it back on. The eco light works when the cruise control is on.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well Red Rocket I read the book and did try to turn it on/ off but nothing happened...
and yes your reply does help thx you.. oh I agree the volume control on kia vs Chevy is not as strong but my volume control worked one day lol.. today nothing.. atleast everything else on the car works good thou.

Corey.. realy ? huh I've never seen my light come on my service rep said it should work at idle.. but I've never seen it even one time, idle crusie, no cruise.. kinda strange not a real big deal but I'm curious I thank all who reply to this post in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
well Red Rocket I read the book and did try to turn it on/ off but nothing happened...
and yes your reply does help thx you.. oh I agree the volume control on kia vs Chevy is not as strong but my volume control worked one day lol.. today nothing.. atleast everything else on the car works good thou.

Corey.. realy ? huh I've never seen my light come on my service rep said it should work at idle.. but I've never seen it even one time, idle crusie, no cruise.. kinda strange not a real big deal but I'm curious I thank all who reply to this post in advance!
correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't think the Eco light / option is available with the manual transmission.

According to your signature you have a 6sp koup. And I don't believe it's an
option. Maybe I'm wrong or just drinking too much juice. Lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
LOL no no beast thats what I thought too.. but it was in the book and my service tech just seemed to not say hey dum dum thats not a option so maybe Its a miss understanding you might be right... I guess that would make since why it never worked ..

but I have to say I worry about my local dealer if they just brought up the vin number today and did not catch that.. geeez well anyway thxs Beast now there is just the one issue volume control.. that makes me feel better some how

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
LOL no no beast thats what I thought too.. but it was in the book and my service tech just seemed to not say hey dum dum thats not a option so maybe Its a miss understanding you might be right... I guess that would make since why it never worked ..

but I have to say I worry about my local dealer if they just brought up the vin number today and did not catch that.. geeez well anyway thxs Beast now there is just the one issue volume control.. that makes me feel better some how
no problem at all. Tell the dealer to do some reading. Lol. I would be concerned if they told you your car had that feature

I have a 6sp sx sedan and it's def not an option in my car.

Anyway keep us posted on what your dealer tells you n

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys got back from the dealer a few hours ago. Lol it took 4 guys to figure out that indeed I do not have eco.. I was told by one of the top sales guys that some cars he's sold have had eco even when they were manual of course I don't know it thats true.

On the stereo issue I have a open case going now.. it seems my car is not the only one to have had this issue with the speed contorl for the volume..
so we will see if kia does something about that or not?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Ok guys got back from the dealer a few hours ago. Lol it took 4 guys to figure out that indeed I do not have eco.. I was told by one of the top sales guys that some cars he's sold have had eco even when they were manual of course I don't know it thats true.
yeah I think he is trying to save face by saying that... It's not an option for MT. But oh well... what can you expect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyway, the eco light is only to know if you are saving gaz. even if it's on or off, it's just a light saying ''Hey man, you're saving gaz right now!!''

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree Browny its not a big deal.. hehe and Beast I think your right about the saving face thing Lol he felt sort of silly atleast now I know lol and so does he !

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Good point... I use the instant mpg screen on my trip to see how I a
doing with mpg. It's live and when I look down an it's low I tend to let up a tad. Lol

Guess it's basically the same as the light but shows you approx mpg

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok well kia called me a few days ago about my radio speed control problems I have a open case with them.. so far I've not heard anything since they called.. I sure hope this is not how its going to be every single time i have a issue..

I guess I should call them soon huh? anyway atleast they did call and I thought I'd give a up date thou its not a big one

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thanks for the info I was wondering why my eco light will not work with the cruise set. As for the speed volume it does not work like the GM that I traded in on my koupe. But i am getting used to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts