Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 forte hatch 2.0
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the following issues: loud clicking sound during idle and soft acceleration, low/rough idle And violent shaking at idle, which gets a little better after putting it in neutral or park. Cruising on the freeway, the engine will lose power or seem to cut out for 1 second and the eco light will flash and turn off. Accelerating on the freeway causes the RPM to dip and the engine to disengage and will not downshift.

I took it to a mechanic and had an awful experience, and the problem worsened. I did my own diagnostics and found the oil overfilled by 1/2 a quart (mechanic did it) and had fould my spark plugs and shot an ignition coil. I replaced said parts, then drained 1/2 a quart of oil, and power was restored and issues ceased, but returned after a week.

Things I have researched and plan to address this week: fuel system cleaner additive treatment, vaccum leak test, fuel pump and filter assembly replacement, all wiring pertaining to combustion (fuel, air, sensors, YAW valve, evap canister solenoid, IAC valve)
And if none of that turns up anything I will run seafoam AT treatment and perform trans fluid flush.

What does the flashing eco light tell me? What other systems could be causing this? What else could have been damaged due to overfilling the oil?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
What codes are stored in your diagnostics? Please check for codes stored via OBDII - if you can't do it yourself take your car to a parts house (like Autozone) that will check it for free.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ForteSX2.4 is right. You really need to get the codes run first and go from there. You start shotgunning parts and it can get expensive in a hurry and you'll still have problems. Get the codes run, post them here and go from there. And stay away from that "mechanic". He obviously doesn't know diddly about cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts