Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started a while ago but has gotten way worse in the last month or so. When it first happened, I was driving and the car would jerk when shifting (it is an automatic fyi). Usually when I would park it overnight and drive it the next day it was fine. I eventually realized it would only become jerky when the ECO light wouldn't come on at all, even when I was driving like a 90 year old. It has now gotten to the point that the ECO rarely ever comes on, and the car is always rough when shifting, and now the check engine light is coming on for a day or so then going off, back on, back off, etc... Anyone seen this problem before? I'm afraid it is a computer issue and could be a big problem, or maybe they can just turn the ECO mode off and reset it or something.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
First step is always to check what codes have been set. Take it to an auto parts store, have them read the codes, and post them here.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
THe ECO light is nothing, it just tell you if you are driving economically. There's something wrong with the engine that is causing it to not run economically. Like the above person said, get the computer read for the trouble codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts