1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
312 Posts
You mean like a potato chip? If it's not a piggy back system or a stand-alone for fuel management, then it's junk. And as for the voltage one, I don't have a clue, so I wouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Both useless, both scams.

·
Registered
265 Posts
junk and junk... curious though.. if there are turbo kits available, i'm assuming come with a tune to use the kit provided.. why is there no n/a tune available? at least I haven't seen one...

·
Registered
312 Posts
'cause these cars have the s2k syndrome, they are pretty much maxed in power n/a. Until new internal and fuel related parts are added, a tune on theses cars n/a wouldn't do much. But if a tunable program comes out to fully change/replace the ECU, then the Forte community will be able to play around with the Forte stock.

·
Registered
265 Posts
'cause these cars have the s2k syndrome, they are pretty much maxed in power n/a. Until new internal and fuel related parts are added, a tune on theses cars n/a wouldn't do much. But if a tunable program comes out to fully change/replace the ECU, then the Forte community will be able to play around with the Forte stock.
s2k's put out what..240hp...we are 70hp behind, minus hp lost since each gear takes on it's on personality of dullness after 2nd, and we have almost half a litre or 500cc on the s2k's motor. Obviously it has better internals but mostly it's factory tune is very aggressive and worthwhile... other than the complete lack of torque.... The tune on this car, if it were available, should be at least a 20hp/20lbft bump and rid us of the lag feeling in higher gears... if a car this light actually puts out 173hp, it should be running at least low 16s to high 15s... a 2007 Ford Focus ST put out about 150hp and runs high 15s and weighs more... There is a flaw in the factory tune, a big one... this car is capable of more.

·
Registered
265 Posts
btw... the voltage setup doesn't look too bad, i wouldn't be too worried about it unless you want engine dress up or are adding more power and other things to your car that use up more battery/electrical power

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I can't wait for a nice aggressive tune for our engines. It just feels like it wants to do more!
I especially hate how early the A/T shifts. 5500RPM most of the time!!! Like WTF? A full 1000RPM before the red line!

·
Registered
312 Posts
s2k's put out what..210whp...we are 70hp behind, minus hp lost since each gear takes on it's on personality of dullness after 2nd, and we have almost half a litre or 500cc on the s2k's motor. Obviously it has better internals but mostly it's factory tune is very aggressive and worthwhile... other than the complete lack of torque.... The tune on this car, if it were available, should be at least a 20hp/20lbft bump and rid us of the lag feeling in higher gears... if a car this light actually puts out 173hp, it should be running at least low 16s to high 15s... a 2007 Ford Focus ST put out about 150hp and runs high 15s and weighs more... There is a flaw in the factory tune, a big one... this car is capable of more.
Fixed ;)
The point of the s2k comparison was the fact that the s2k is pretty much maxed at it's stock state. No matter how much you tune it, the stock tune is the best until you start adding parts.

The Forte is the same way with it CURRENT tunning condition (playing around with A/F ratios). You can't expect to gain horsepower with these engines without a tunning program, that is currently unavailable. btw my friend ran a 15.8 in the 1/4 mile in my brothers Koupe and I posted a vid so there is proof. Not disagreeing, just clearing some stuff up ;)

*************************************Skip to about ^ to watch the Koupe

·
Registered
265 Posts
thanks for the clarification but 210whp or 240bhp? I was pretty sure C&D who creamed their pants over s2k's claimed 240bhp and 0 torque lol. I won't doubt any claims... just from what I had read, before the intro of your vid, people were whining about 17s.

the tuning program is what I was referring too, wishing they'd break the code if they haven't already and have a setup like GM cars do with HPTuners or Trifecta... HPTuners is more in the owners hand though... so that could end in disaster... there are just too many restrictions in the factory setup for the car to hit it's potential on just bolt-ons. might also be my withdrawal from my previous car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
When I got my 240 dynoed, it was with a bunch of s2k guys. The one owner who was runnin' stock literally cried when he was only making like 210whp stock (I don't know why, I was happy with my 212whp). I guess it depends on what dyno (it was on a mustang dyno aka the "heart breaker" dyno lol).

I don't own a Forte, my brother does, so I seldomly drive it. I wouldn't be suprised if it's being held back 'specailly with it being geared as a good mpg car.

·
Registered
265 Posts
2000-2003 F20C
2.0L - 16v VTEC(highest output per liter of any normally aspirated motor sold)
11:1 Compression ratio
87mm bore x 84mm stroke
9000 RPM REDLINE
240HP @ 8300 RPM
153 FT-LBS @ 7500RPM
Weight 326 lbs

·
Registered
265 Posts
yeah whp... robs ya lol. makes big numbers smaller. oh well,... back to the topic that started the thread... I might, MIGHT look into the voltage box but seems useless at the moment... but gas mileage (maybe the way I drive?) does kind of suck at the moment... but there's only 1000 miles on it

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't understand what that voltage box is sopposed to do?

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I got my 240 dynoed, it was with a bunch of s2k guys. The one owner who was runnin' stock literally cried when he was only making like 210whp stock (I don't know why, I was happy with my 212whp). I guess it depends on what dyno (it was on a mustang dyno aka the "heart breaker" dyno lol).

I don't own a Forte, my brother does, so I seldomly drive it. I wouldn't be suprised if it's being held back 'specailly with it being geared as a good mpg car.
There is a video on the forums recently showing the these cars do run alittle rich. They leaned it out some picked up some HP and Torque and of course getting alittle bit better MPG... There is room to grow

·
Registered
312 Posts
I believe I saw said vid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts