Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
with all do respect fuck next gen motor. i called them the guy had the nerve to laugh after i ask him would he be doing ecu mod for the kia forte in the future. then said there's no market there. i hanged up in his face wtf
That would be 'all due respect' . That is unfortunate , i have a great deal of respect for the work NGM has done for the Tiburon community . I would say i strongly disagree with his opinion that there is no market or won't be for the Forte . I guess time will tell if the economy ever recovers enough that people have disposable income to play with their toys .

· Registered
142 Posts
The Unichip is a piggyback tuner , they come pretuned for specific applications or may be custom tuned at authorized dealers . Alpine Developments use the Unichip for their Hyundai/Kia kits .

http://www.alpine-developments.com/products.htm

There are other piggybacks such as the Mafterburner , Apexie Neo & Apexie SAFC or AEM FIC . They all either splice into the oem harness or use a custom plug/play harness . I don't think any of these offer a custom harness specific to Hyundai/Kia . These units can be tuned by the user with a laptop or a supplied display/keypad if you have wideband o2 display/logging capability or they can be installed and tuned at a chassis dyno shop .

· Registered
142 Posts
ok so look at this link explain this to me in lame terms im lost it also states (no obd 2) Apexi-USA - Power FC "sitting down with a notebook and pencil"
Ok , in lay-mans terms the Apexi Power FC is a stand-alone engine management system meant to totaly replace the oem ecu . Very much like the Hydra Nemesis you lose all OBD2 (on board diagnostic , generation 2) function . They are meant for a pure racecar , with no need to worry about passing emissions inspections or voiding a warranty

http://ngmhouseofpower.com/product_info.php?cPath=46&products_id=204

A piggyback tuner however only intercepts selected signals to override the oem ecu which otherwise remains in control , so you still have oem driveability and all obd2 functions . The Apexi Neo is a good example of a piggyback fuel tuner .
Apexi-USA - AFC-neo

My Mustang uses a Hypertech handheld programmer that reflashes the oem ecu via the obd2 port . This is the best option which is why i was hoping NGM would eventually go this route with the Forte . It changed the rev limit , top speed , fuel curve , timing curve , shift firmness , shift points etc.

Attachments

· Registered
142 Posts
That is why a lot of guys have their fuel/ignition tuner installed and tuned by professionals at a chassis dyno equipped performance centre . It helps to have a general understanding of what is going on but all you really need is a good wideband o2 sensor and gauge to keep an eye on the a/f .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.