Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My car, forte koup sx 2014, isn't working properly and I have misfire and code P0445 - Purge Ctrl valve circuit shorted.
My coil are good and spark plugs and good and tested. The valve also work properly and was tested. The problem is electronical.
Following an appointment from Kia, the tech said the problem is the ECU and need to be replaced.
The problem is the part cost 1500$ + replacement fee, but I can buy one used for 150$ on ebay.
This car since its out of warranty has been a total headache and everything is failing so I will sell after and be done with it and don't want to put 2000$+ in it.
Is this possible to install a used ECU? The tech at kia said its not possible without the original smk and key.
Anyone know the procedure for ecu replacement?
Thank you

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,158 Posts
Buying a used ECU is risky.

Modern cars are complex - the ECU "communicates" with the Body module and the Transmission modules too - so they need to be correct!

I've never replaced an ECU with a used one so I don't know the pitfalls. You want to have an expert with the ECU software available for the inevitable glitches.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts