Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2011 Forte to get its 1st oil change (Brought to my attention that it was free so I jumped on it) and while I was there the front desk person told me there was an update for my car... I didnt get the number of it but its on my paperwork. But anyways its for a shifting problem or gear lag on A/T cars. Not sure if this applies to the 2.4 A/T or not but might be worth asking. My car drives alot better, although before the update I wasnt having any problems, but now...wow big difference, drives smoother and picks up faster.

Okay this is long enough...

FYI - ask your dealership if they do your 1st oil change for free like mine does, because I was getting ready to cough up the $30 before I was told "Nah its your 1st one, its free!"

·
Registered
444 Posts
My first oil change was free but my second one cost almost as much as going to Minit Lube and swapping for synthetic. So that's the way I will go now!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey KiaForteATX,
What version of software did you have/upgrade to?
I'm going in for my first oil change in a week or so and bought mine on Apr 4th.
So I was wondering if I'm inline or not for an update.

TIA

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think if you bought it on april 4th youll be okay.... I got my 2011 in Nov of last yr. I dont recall the software # go head and ask them tho, if theres any ECU updates although when in service they check it anyways.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
here is the info on this update, copied from KGIS:

GROUP MODEL Engine 2010 Forte/Forte Koup (TD) NUMBER 097 DATE April 2011

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
COMBINED TSB / SERVICE ACTION: ECM UPGRADE – A/C ON LOGIC IMPROVEMENT (SA077)

This bulletin provides information related to the ECM software upgrade of some 2010MY Forte/Forte Koup vehicles which may experience a low idle concern with A/C on. For confirmation that the latest reflash has been done to a vehicle you are working on, verify ROM ID using the tables in this TSB. To ensure maximum customer satisfaction Kia is requesting the completion of this Service Action on all affected 2010MY Forte/Forte Koup (TD) vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts