Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered these a few days ago and hope to get them before the end of July. This is the best price I could find anywhere ($164.59). The only drawback is the time it takes to get, which really isn't that bad. From what I could find out this is the kit is used for the SXR. Could anyone tell me what a reasonable installation cost would be for these?

Just search amazon.com with this...
Eibach 4617.140 Pro-Kit Performance Lowering Spring

·
Registered
567 Posts
From my understanding it's extremely easy to do it yourself. If you search the forums there is a few people who have done it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's easy if you have the tools and are not a moron, two things I cannot claim ;) I have seen some of the other threads about the installation as well. However, I was told by someone before you will need an alignment afterwards.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I didn't have the tools, didn't feel like doing all that work, and if anything is wrong with it I can take it back and make them fix it. I payed a hundred dollars even for the install. I'd say you should just do that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't have the tools, didn't feel like doing all that work, and if anything is wrong with it I can take it back and make them fix it. I payed a hundred dollars even for the install. I'd say you should just do that.
Was that a friend price? I called a place close to me and they wanted about $350 which I though was a bit high, but what do I know? Did you get an alignment afterwards to make sure all was ok or did they just slap on the springs and send you on your way?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Should be about 2 hrs labour...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your gonna wait at least a month. That's about how long it took for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm in Korea and it took 2 months for me to get my kit. Received it yesterday and had it installed. The look is perfect and the ride is great.. waiting is so difficult, but so worth it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well I got my springs today from Amazon, took 2 weeks. The actual estimated time of delivery was 4 weeks so I got them 2 weeks early. Anyway well worth the wait and low price. I put them on today as well took about 2 1/2 hours by myself, the install was pretty easy, especially after I did one of the front and rear and knew exactly what was going on. Just WOW instant difference on handling and acceleration, not to mention looks great. Next step is sway bars, I'm gonna wait for a week and see how bad the tire wear is before I do the alignment. I have not noticed any steering problems thus far, overall easy install and great results.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I got my springs today from Amazon, took 2 weeks. The actual estimated time of delivery was 4 weeks so I got them 2 weeks early. Anyway well worth the wait and low price. I put them on today as well took about 2 1/2 hours by myself, the install was pretty easy, especially after I did one of the front and rear and knew exactly what was going on. Just WOW instant difference on handling and acceleration, not to mention looks great. Next step is sway bars, I'm gonna wait for a week and see how bad the tire wear is before I do the alignment. I have not noticed any steering problems thus far, overall easy install and great results.
Your pretty lucky, my car always wants to pull to the right. i always feel like I'm fighting the wheel a little bit. Car goes straight at 12 o'clock but wants to pull right on me... nothing I can do. All adjustments have been made and the car is 'aligned'.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry bout your luck. I read the post about your problems earlier today actually before I put mine on. I was pretty confident though I had dropped my 03 spectra a few years back with now problems. Pretty much the same process, actually easier since you don't have to compress the rear springs/shocks just remove one bolt and wa-la. I hope you get that fixed soon. Just driving hove I was like wow, the car should come stock with these springs on, I can't imagine how much better its going to be with sway bars and aftermarket shocks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts