Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure. All i know is the Sportkit lowers your car more. ha! but i want to get new rims also. something like konig maybe

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
well the front springs, from what ive read, are going to be A LOT stiffer than the pro springs. and the pro springs are already 25% more stiff than the stock springs... so very stiff ride. just dont give grandma a ride to the Rx to get her hemroid cream in the lowered forte lol but there are no struts added. its just a lower ride

·
Banned
203 Posts
sport kit lowers more? im waiting to get springs but the eibach only lowers like 1 inch, and im not trying to cut them or buy coilovers, i want to be really low

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Do they even offer the bigger lowerd kit for the forte..??

and I thought sport was the smaller of the two kits,
pro being the stiffer lower springs from eibach maybe I'm wrong thou lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
@ blackfortekoupp - if you cut your springs, you're messing around with your warranty. i was told don't even think about it by my dealer. I have the pro kit, it seems to clean the wheel wells up nicely. the roads are &$%*@ING GARBAGE around where I live. so i'm constantly swearing in my car when i'm drivin around. i can't say i was 100% happy with the stock suspension(i know, i know - it's a sport tuned suspension, not supposed to be necessarily comfortable)...........the stock springs are a nicer ride than the pro kit, but the pro kit does give the car a better stance and the wheels are hugged more by the wells........pro kit is enough for me, but if you gotta have it ultra low, go with the other one.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
as griphard asked.did they mak a sportline kit for the forte. last time i looked it wastn't available for the forte.

·
Registered
350 Posts
They have... they are just overseas...
i saw some that were only rated to lower the car 60mm thats a little more than 2 inches. thats not enough! def not worth the 1300 dollar asking price.

do you know of any that will actually lower this car?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I am not sure. Then again after some time... the springs will settle down.. so it'll be over 2 inches...

Trying to see if my dad can find 'em...

·
Registered
350 Posts
the springs used on coilovers are not going to settle much if any at all really.

i wonder if any cars have the same spec suspension as us.

a friend of mine ran accord coilovers on his acura TL.

·
Banned
203 Posts
how much is the sportkit? does anyone have a direct link to where i can buy them? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I thought I remembered seeing you post that your having to give the car up... If that's the case then don't buy either BK. If that's not the case and I'm thinking of someone else, well, then nvm.

·
Banned
203 Posts
It was me, haha I gave up though, no ones gonna buy a new car for how much I bought it for when they can get a 2011 with 0 miles on it for less then I owe hahaha, just trying to make the best of the situation! I want my car so low

1 - 20 of 24 Posts