Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 15k miles on my eibach springs and tires. The inner tread on every tire is wearing horribly. I took it to a shop and they said it was the springs. Anyone else have a problem with inner tire wear?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those of you who have springs. You need to get a set of eibach Pro-alignment camber bolts. OR YOUR TIRES WILL DIE!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya man, mine too! i really didnt know why they were wearing so badly and the dealership also told me they arent sure why theyre so low at 20K... where can you get the camber bolts from? and are they expensive? can i do it myself or do i have to take it somewhere?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Install one bolt per side replacing the top bolt that holds your axle arm to your shock. Then take it to Les Schwab to get it aligned. Tell Schwab the deal, that you have springs and a camber kit in the front. Eibach Springs - PRO-ALIGNMENT Camber Bolt Kit

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You Also need to do the back tires with shims.. since there is no adjustments on the back tires .. if you dont do the back they'll wear out the inside of the tires too :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lagodcm,

Did you notice bad tire wear on the rear tires too or just the front. The only change to having lowering springs is the camber so I understand having camber bolts to solve this. But there is no camber in the rear. I lowered my 240sx and had to get rear upper control arms to correct the rear.

Anyone who has information about the rear is most appreciated.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've had my Eibach springs in for maybe 2-3,000 miles. I wasn't aware that this was necessary but I will definitely look into it. Also, does anybody know where to find "wheel spacers" for the Forte Koup? And is there anyone on this forum that has done so already? I would really like to put some on my Koup I think it would look splendid.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Can anybody tell me if you need a specific type of Camber bolt for the Koup and if so what is it and where can I find it? Thanks Guys I really appreciate the help!!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I rotate my tires regularly and haven't really noticed uneven wear but for how cheap the camber bolts are it can't hurt to put them on. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Can anybody tell me if you need a specific type of Camber bolt for the Koup and if so what is it and where can I find it? Thanks Guys I really appreciate the help!!

just go to eibach's web site, then go to the 2011 forte etc..
pretend your going to order new lowering springs and the camber bolts will come up, you can delete the springs on your order and then just buy the bolts.. they were like 38 dollars or something and they ship fast too:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Alright i ordered them, but I think it is only a set of 2 which gos on;ly on either the front tires OR the rear am I right? And Will I need for both the front and rear? Also How do I install these????

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Alright i ordered them, but I think it is only a set of 2 which gos on;ly on either the front tires OR the rear am I right? And Will I need for both the front and rear? Also How do I install these????

The camber bolts go on the front end :)

You'll have to have the cars alignment done at a shop after you put the bolts in.. or you can have the shop put the bolts in and align it there.

The Rear of the car will might need spacers, which your local tire shop can get for you.. but they'll check the back alignment when your doing the front so you'll know if it needs anything or not :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
alright thanks so Much rainyraven! as soon as the camber bolts come in I'll head to a shop an get em installed and alligned. And I'll definitely have them get me soem spacers cuz I've been wanting those for a while.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
@Mickid your welcome
Glad to help ya :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Btw do you have any idea what a normal price to have cambers installed, and alligned would be? And also for wheel spacers?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
It well depend on the shop, Big o charged me like 40 or 50 dollars to install the bolts, and the alignment was about 60.00 for the front..

Back we had too use Shims and that job cost much more about 180.00 dollars. Hopefully you won't need that like i did.

I don't know how much the wheel spacers are thou

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.