368 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
i've been looking around also but can't find anywhere

·
Registered
746 Posts
If you want to support the KIA aftermarket community, KFX will help you get eibach, h&r, b&g, or SMA, or meccatune.

i think amazon had'em for $164 or $167usd , but you had to wait maybe a month to receive them.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I bought mine from kfx. Bill is a great dude and is helpin out so much. Also got the front strut bar too. I would def go with kfx. Great guys

·
Premium Member
368 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost 100$ less at amazone!!!
Buffalofloyd, how long was the shipping??

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just ordered mine today off of Amazon like 20 minutes ago. 164usd free shipping (prime member) only downside is it says the item usually ships in 2 weeks. However, I have ordered plenty of stuff from Amazon for my other cars that said the same thing about the shipping time and I still normally would get stuff in about a weeks time. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Either way I'm patient and for 100$ cheaper with no shipping cost I can wait. Just another 100$ I can use elsewhere I'll put it towards some rims.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Almost 100$ less at amazone!!!
Buffalofloyd, how long was the shipping??
Got mine installed today :) Shipping took about a month but you might get it sooner, who knows!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
placed my order today.. can't pass up $164... great find buffalofloyd!!

what did you pay for installation and did they use camber bolts? This is the first car I am lowering so Im curious about the installation process.. not something I want to do myself either

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
@buffalo
How was the installation? I paid 215 shipped for mine which isn't bad. Did you do it or take it somewhere. I'm putting my magnaflow muffler on tomorrow and then I've got a road trip so might not be able to put my springs in for a week or so... just curious if its easy enough to do myself. I have spring compressors so no problems there. Thanks in advance

EDIT: actually, buddy and me are gunna put them in on saturday! im excited!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aidensgrand, remember that you'll need an aligment after spring install!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ok, well I had my springs installed and I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. First off let me say that the appearance of the lowered Koup is really great. Overall the ride is not much different in terms of bumpiness or springiness but I imagine once the springs break in and settle this will change a little. Taking some turns I do notice a difference because of the lowered center of gravity. The car has less roll I guess you could say. I paid $145 for my install which I think is pretty good considering I could not do this myself.

Now for the party that concerns me. A few weeks ago I put on my new 18's and tires and the car rode like a dream, no issues. After having it lowered it was pulling pretty good to the right side. After about 1 to 2 seconds with hands off the wheel I could be in the curb... not good. I know I need to get an alignment after the install so I did today while I was at work. I picked it up after work, they did the alignment and the guy working the counter says that the vehicle is pulling to the right a little bit. I immediately grew angry about this. He said all the specs check out great for the alignment and everything is as it should be. Well, how can this be if my vehicle is still pulling annoyingly to the right? I asked him and he said that it is most likely due to the tires causing pull from the way the tread is which I find believable and quite possible. However, before I lowered my Koup I think I would have noticed this issue previously, no?

Can anyone here recommend anything? I am extremely frustrated by this and I am kind of at the point where I wish I wouldn't have lowered the damn thing. I am thinking of taking it back to the guy who lowered it but I am worried he will just not be able to find anything wrong and I will end up being stuck with a car that wants to veer to the right constantly. When you don't know shit about cars you are at the mercy of these people, which is extremely frustrating!!

:(

·
Registered
204 Posts
Buffalofloyd,nobody told you to get your car realign after being lowered? you have to ,it's a must.
Did you read my post? I stated that I had it aligned already.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts